Thread: Multi Industry issue

Hybrid View

Default Multi Industry issue

I'm attempting to configure a multi ind and have run into errors when attempting to configure.

I'm attempting to configure 3 items (all pallets of fruit) into 1 Fruit Pallet, and one crate of oranges into frozen orange juice. All of the items enter into the queues fine but the errors pop up when I attempt to enter an item into the Tracks tab. There are no items to pick from and the error bug pops up:

"Unknown: File industryproductinfocomplete.gs, line 282, ER_Timeout"

"More" provides:
    function $bool@IndustryProductInfoCollection:oesProductHaveTrack(Asset,string), line 280
    function $string[]@MultipleIndustryNew::GetPropertyElementList(strin g), line 3979

The only way to get the industry to do anything at this point is to delete the track and start again. Further experimentation appears to reveal the issue happens when the 5th item is entered into the queue. Even if an item is deleted from the queue the error still exists, by all apparent indications it looks like the items have remained in the script even though they have been deleted from the interface. 4 items or less and everything appears to be fine. This error also appears in the "Multiple Industry New"

I like the concept of having to provide product(s) to be able to produce products. With my limited knowledge and experience with T:ain I don't know if there are any other industries that allow this type of configuration. Is there a solution to this or should I live with only having 4 items in an industry?

Happy to provide additional information, any help would be appreciated.

~P
    Last edited by parsifal300; April 27th, 2016 at 02:38 PM.

I am having the same issue. I think the problem is bigger than that. A lot of industries that worked in 12 do not work in Tane. You would think that the built in Multi should work as it always had. Sorry I don't have answer but sometimes it just good to know it not just you or your set up. Also when the issue come up do you get the red spider in the lower right of the screen?

Yes, red spider on. That's how I retrieved the error messages.

Thanks for the sanity check, sometimes I do wonder ...

I don't understand why more people have not complained or looked for a solution to this issue. How do you have a built in utility that is so compromised you can't used as it was designed? I didn't upgrade to find a major flaw in the program.

According to Steam, I've played 773 hours since I purchased TANE Deluxe on 3/12/16. This time does not include the hours of research combing the forums to see if what I'm dealing with is my own ignorance or software bugs.

I won't vent my frustration here, apparently there are enough people doing that already. On the other hand, for users new to Trainz, I don't know very many people that would spend almost 2x the normal price for a software package that has this many problems and this steep a learning curve. Given the challenges I don't know why new users would purchase this. For game longevity this does not bode well.

I'm not giving up, I'm a stubborn one. I have a goal of creating a route. I just hope I don't throw in the towel before I get there.

~P

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

The multi-industry new industries rely on scripts and dependencies. If one of the commodity assets is missing or faulty, that can cause your errors.

They are also older assets, being about 13 years old now based on the build number 2.0. This means, that they can work, however, the code may not be optimized for the newer program we have now.

Keep in mind too that T:ANE is new, perhaps only out about 16 or 18 months now. There's lots of growth ahead with the new version and bugs and issues are being sorted by everyone which includes the community and by N3V.

If you find you have discovered a bug, report it on the helpdesk. Document the bug, giving a step-by-step process of what you did and a detailed description of what occurred. You can even include sample screenshots and files if necessary. After your bug has been reported, outside of the initial generic thank you for reporting email, someone from the helpdesk will contact you via the helpdesk portal.

I know you are struggling now with various little gotchas, but in the end you will be greatly rewarded. There is a whole world here to explore and as new users you have barely scratched the surface unlike some of us who have been here more than a decade, though many of us, including myself, are still learning as well.

John
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

Blog Entries

I cloned the asset and did a few tests.

My scenario was that the industry was receiving (unloading) fruit pallets on queue 1 and manufacturing different types of canned fruit that were allocated to additional queues. I was able to allocate products to the track up until the 5th queue. At that point I got the same error as the OP.

The error is a timeout and is the result of TANE thinking this particular asset is chewing up too much processor time. This could be due to a faulty script or some bit of code just taking too long to complete. Without going into technical detail, there is a way to avoid this issue and I did alter part of the asset script to try and fix it but it didn't work. The problem seems to me to be buried deep in the N3V supplied industry code and I cannot easily change that. Why the same bit of code works for four queues and not five is not immediately obvious to me but I will try and follow it in a bit more detail when I find some time.

So, the short answer is that I think the asset is faulty - at least in TANE. If you can get away with just four queues then maybe it would work ok. I'm thinking of an input queue, say of raw material such as fruit, and three output queues, say of canned fruit.

I'm not convinced the error is due to the numbers of items in any queue.

Paul