How to Change Season's

bnsfc

Steam Nut
In TANE I understand that I can change the calendar date in the quick drive menu, but when I change it to winter, all that happens is some tree's change color. it looks more like fall than winter. I've been trying to do this on TUME's Milwaukee Road route

What I've seen so far seems to indicate that it really depends on how each tree is made and configured. I have even found a few that are on southern hemisphere seasons. :D

As I remember the Milwaukee Road has a lot of conifers which aren't going to change much seasonally. I think you have to lower the snow level to see the change there and I am not sure if you can do that at the session level.

There has to be a way somehow, it comes with winter sessions :( ive tried it on the season town northern but hit the same brick wall.

OK, in a session surveyor, edit environment, select environment (bottom tab on left) and set the snow height. Mostly you will probably want to set to 0 meters.

I set the snow height to 10 meters in Season Town, as you can see the ground is not snowy but most everything else is. When I set it to 0 the ground got white too.

TUME is so cool, I mean who else would put snow on a pile of lumber. :hehe:

Last edited:
Does this method work on trainz 12 because i am trying to do that on highland valley but it's not working only the trees are snowy

It should work for the ground snow cover (being from a hot dry climate I have never seen snow here and do not use it in Trainz). But to get snow covering roofs and scenery objects you must use scenery assets that have a snow covered surface mapped as an alternative surface texture (or something similar). Not all scenery assets have this.

It should work for the ground snow cover (being from a hot dry climate I have never seen snow here and do not use it in Trainz). ...

Where I live we get snow and I don't include it in my routes. I don't want to be reminded of the cold, dreary, slippery, treacherous, winters.

I myself would move to Melbourne Australia, as it is Summer there now, and snow comes in June :cool:

While your dates and seasons are correct, I don't think Melbourne, like Sydney has ever seen snow. Hobart would be the only state capital that gets snow but only every few years.

Back