csxt17 & applegathc join forces to create: The Lewiston & Pamona!

applegathc

NoT tHe StAtUeS!

Project:
Lewiston & Pamona

applegathc & csxt17 have come together for a

kick-ass,

punk rock,

straight-up,

route building extravaganza! (with momentum!)

The Lewiston & Pamona (rm LWP) is a sixty-mile A-B style freight-hauling route originally conceived as a secondary CSX main spin-off.
Interchange traffic lifted from CSX and Union Pacific in Lewiston gets shuttled south to Pamona where CSX and NS way-freights grab
this traffic and head their separate ways. The geographical context is loosely based on the southern Indiana/northern Kentucky border
around Louisville, KY/Jefferson City, IN. Lewiston is has many hints of St. Louis, while Pamona has elements reminiscent of Point Pleasant, WV,
it is based on the approach to the mountainous regions of Tennessee and Kentucky. The route is flat-running at the north end and becomes a
slight roller coaster south of Ditchman to outside Pamona.

The LWP enlists a battalion of six axle SD's, and four axle Geep's from various roads, providing a solid supply of motive power for mixed trains
#41 and #42, along with extra's #43, #44, #50, and #52. Three to five units per train are a normal occurrence and keep product moving daily.

This project is gaining momentum as the days go by with rural areas becoming alive with scenery elements. We look forward to what the future
brings and encourage feedback from this community. Thank you.

I know Keith very well, and if this route is anything like his previous works, it will be amazing!!

Train #42 photographed on it's way south towards Pamona.

#42 at Clarkstown.

#42 at Madoka.

#42 coasts into Pamona.

Last edited:
This is a delight to see Great minds join and create awesome routes! Kudos to you gentleman.

One question and I keep forgetting to ask about it, your picture with the Ties laying out on the ROW, do you know the Kuid for these, I have seen them here and there on Routes, can't remember which ones? But I do remember they are similiar to fencing or rails, you can stretch them it as they r connected by splines. If you could point me to them? Much oblige sir's.

It ought to be interesting to see the STL inspired area. That is a city I have always wanted to model off of for Trainz.

This is a delight to see Great minds join and create awesome routes! Kudos to you gentleman.

One question and I keep forgetting to ask about it, your picture with the Ties laying out on the ROW, do you know the Kuid for these, I have seen them here and there on Routes, can't remember which ones? But I do remember they are similiar to fencing or rails, you can stretch them it as they r connected by splines. If you could point me to them? Much oblige sir's.

Unfortunately, they are stand-alone objects. Splines of those would honestly be a godsend. Thank you for the comment!!

Looks beautiful so far. I have a quick question though, what is the asset name of that large church in some of the shots?

Unfortunately, they are stand-alone objects. Splines of those would honestly be a godsend. Thank you for the comment

There are a few single objects that have clumps of Sleepers, either laid out, in bundles, or some combinations of both. I've found mixing these can save alot of time and effort over placing individual sleepers like that.

You always post such great screenshots by the by, have you ever released or distributed any of your work?

-Falcus

Looks beautiful so far. I have a quick question though, what is the asset name of that large church in some of the shots?

Philadelphia Church, I believe?

There are a few single objects that have clumps of Sleepers, either laid out, in bundles, or some combinations of both. I've found mixing these can save alot of time and effort over placing individual sleepers like that.

You always post such great screenshots by the way, have you ever released or distributed any of your work?

-Falcus

KCS Hilliam Sub on the DLS, which isn't any screaming hell seeing as I released it (unfinished) in 2008.

LEWISTON AND PAMONA AND CLW RAILWAY COMPANY JOIN FORCES TO CREATE NEW 150-MILE RAIL LINK;
BULK TRAFFIC TO INCREASE WITH NEW DEAL.

​Now both under a common ownership, LWP and CLW have joined forces to create a much-needed rail corridor from Lewiston in the North, to Mt. Baxter in the South. Railway officials are currently looking at new sources of traffic such as intermodal or bridge traffic to gain a larger traffic base and more sources of revenue. The new system will in total connect with three different Shortline railroads, and three Different Class I railroads, including Norfolk Southern, CSX, and Midwest Rail Link. We're excited to see what this union of two systems will bring in the future, and hope to see all of you with us along the way!

Okay -- for real this time.
I'm seriously excited to be working on this project with Cam, it's been working out great thus far and I think we really have something going that a lot of people will like.

I think I may end up doing more posts like this, with a pretend official tone, or write up a bit of history for the railroads. I'm glad to see that there's a bit of public interest in the project too. Stay tuned to see more, because we certainly have no shortage of ideas for the route.

Rgards,
Keith

Manifest train #42 to CSXT 18th Street Yard in Lewiston pictured in Ditchman waiting
to execute a pass-stop upon instruction from the DS, and working the CLW interchange.

The "company heritage" unit leads the way, with four other six-axle EMD's trailing in its wake. Headend is a cut of intermodal traffic interchanged with the LWP from Midwest Rail Link.

Train #42 hauls hot Midwest Rail Link traffic predominantly for CSX, NS, and UP upon reaching Lewiston, while #41 is the class 1 shuttle, giving the CLW-LWP-MRL alliance it's bulk traffic flow.

Last edited:
Back