csxt17 & applegathc join forces to create: The Lewiston & Pamona!

9176e1f844c32f0601b1a2d028f37f13.jpg

SP B30-7 no.7873 chugs it out towards the Show Me State, lugging Gateway Yard to Kansas City train MASKCB over the river.

LWP AS-Y coasts downhill into the Illinois side of the gateway city, into the flood plane of St Clair county, with 4000+ feet of
interchange for the Alton & Southern's humpyard in Alorton IL. The LWP runs a handful of transfers from their
Euclid Avenue yard to the metro east side daily, named the "Alton turn" and "Bridge hop" jobs.

W1eZWTL.jpg

5JaGFSb.jpg

vIprCx8.jpg

Last edited:
GENERAL UPDATE

So, since Cam posted, I feel like I should give a little bit of an update on the status of the route.

I know I hardly post as compared to Cameron, but that doesn't mean I havent been busy as well. Over the last few months real life has hit me very hard, and I unfortunately havent been able to work on the LWP as much as I wish I could have.

Cam for the most part has been working on the east side of the river (as shown above), and I have been working on finishing and optimizing the already-extant portion of the route, west of Lewiston (St.L)

General changes include:

-Consolidation of ground texture types
-Removal of many grass assets in favor of splines
-Removal of nearly all trees in favor of splines
-Filling in background scenery where there previously was none
-Realistic signal setups
-General trackwork to clean up operationally messy areas
-Completely gutting areas that stylistically did not fit with rural Missouri
(This route was originally started as a midwest/IC&E themed route, and morphed into what it is today, to the point where now, almost no original sections remain.)

I have talked with Cameron and we've decided on a CLEAR goal for a release of this route.
The V1 of this route is about 100 miles, and will include Class 1 approaches from East Lewiston, over the McArthur Bridge and all the way down the LWP to Pamona. A crude map of the route is below.

RZFZJ8W.png

xztvelS.png

We are both very excited to be approaching a release with this route, and if you have any questions about the route, post them in this thread, and either myself or Cameron will answer!

Regards,
Keith

Thank you for this update. Sorry to hear about the life stuff hope all is well.

Have to say this route is amazing keep up the great work! Love that Ex BN SD40-2

Thank you for the update, it's looking great!

Thank you for this update. Sorry to hear about the life stuff hope all is well.

Have to say this route is amazing keep up the great work! Love that Ex BN SD40-2

Thanks for your kind words, folks! This is just the beginning. A new era of midwestern railroading will hopefully be your computer screens very soon[SUP]™[/SUP].

Amazing work on this guys, haven't been around in a while, but I'm glad to see all my old friends are alive and kicking. Keep it up :)

Chicago & Northwestern's 1994 intent to purchase fifteen SD80MAC's from GM was changed to
SD9043MAC's last minute. Here, MLSG with a lot of run-thru power, sits in Ditchman siding to
meet high priority trailers, lead by SD45-2's and a borrowed Santa Fe 60B unit.

IC SD40-2R no.6201 pairs with CLW GP38-2 no.2004 to bring TV-201 onto the LWP from Gateway
Western tracks at Vernon tower...seen again at Valley Park, MO.

Ji2s0Ly.jpg

aljO2F0.jpg

XZb72AJ.jpg

:D Great works take time, and Time takes its toll on all of us..........However patience is virtue, and that I have for what looks like a very commanding Route in progress.

:udrool: In the mean time, I enjoy the great looking pictures you provide us............

Happy New Years, folks...

LWP is currently undergoing revisions, here are two looks at the new Ditchman, MO.

013af9c9e84af670d8dd472d61014230.jpg

pXxkdEE.png

Last edited:

LWP local LVP-2 out of Valley Park, MO spots cars at the elevator in Granger, lifting soy and oat loads.
Two ex-B&M Guilford GP40-2's lead a handful of hoppers north towards home.
The Chrysler turn will take these cars north to Lewiston later that evening.

rmPM4p7.jpg

rKoTLes.jpg

Last edited:
Back