North East England - Steam Days Screenshots - Large Screenshots Possible

Hi Rob

My vans in T:ANE build SP2 display their interiors okay. My graphics card is a 4Gb GTX.

I don't think the graphics card has any bearing on this, mine is 6gb GTX 1060!

What T:ANE SP2 build is yours, mine is 90945, the build number is on the splash screen at bottom left corner. Paulz seems to think it may be someting related to build number.

Thanks,

Rob.

Build 90955
4Gb GTX970 here - your 6Gb GTX1060 should not even break a sweat.
I have been mulling over an 8Gb GTX1070 but it is quite a wedge of cash.

Build 90955
4Gb GTX970 here - your 6Gb GTX1060 should not even break a sweat.
I have been mulling over an 8Gb GTX1070 but it is quite a wedge of cash.

The interior problem is now solved, I have been using an older version of Paulz generic interior (TS12), he's just sent me a T:ANE updated version and all is now OK.

The GTX1070 is expensive and perhaps a bit overkill for T:ANE. If I were you, I would wait until the next iteration of Nvidia graphics cards or have a look at the latest AMD Ryzen cards, I believe they're a bit cheaper than the equivalent Nvidia offerings but, to be honest, I'm no expert in such matters.

Sorry to be 'off topic'

Rob.

1920 Northumberland ECML

Northeast England during the steam era. A NER TW Worsdell C Class 0-6-0 takes a train of 10 and half Ton high sided coke wagons north on the down independent line to the north of Chevington station.

1900 Rural Northumberland ECML

Northeast England during the steam era. At the turn of the 20th century six-wheel carriages still held sway on many services across the network of the North Eastern Railway. This was already changing as the bogie clerestory coaches were arriving in numbers and the first elliptical roof carriages are only five or six years away. A W. Worsdell R Class 4-4-0 hauls the morning train from Newcastle to Alnwick. It is entirely made up of six-wheeled coaches, some of which are less than five years old. The pace of change is picking up. Within a generation locomotives of a size and style that is a mystery to these Victorian people will thunder up and down this line pulling carriages entirely different in character. The grandchildren of any lineside observers will look out on a railway almost unrecognisable to them, which is not all that far from the experience the grandparents of the 1900 lineside observer may have had.

jpymiDx.jpg

Some trucks with a different style sepia process.

Very good indeed! Is that a T:ANE Post-Processing setting?(I don't use T:ANE, but I'm curious :) ).

Also, bob, what signals are those on your Rural Northumberland ECML screenshot, as in the asset name?(If it's on the DLS/Content Manager)

Hi SuperSpeedMaglev. If you look on the UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning thread in screenshots, posts #1206 (page 81) you will see a shot with the dialog window open for the settings, which are accessed from the developer tag on the T:ANE opening window. Evilcrow is the leader on the method, as you can see from his screenshots.

The signals are chrisaw's work - look for Sig M&H. McKenzie & Holland were a large signalling manufacturer and contractor in the UK in the later part of the 19th and early part of the 20th centuries. The North Eastern Railway bought a significant amount of equipment from them.

Last edited:
Very good indeed! Is that a T:ANE Post-Processing setting?(I don't use T:ANE, but I'm curious :) ).

No, that is a custom filter designed to use with real life photos. I guess PC graphics have evolved to a point where we can use real photo filters to decent effect,

Also, I realized I goofed with the train composition - the brakevan that is. Looking back I think none of this specific type was used in the region - certainly not pre-1947. I'm not British, so if you see me make any other inaccuracies - feel free to let me know, I will be happy to learn something new.

Last edited:
Ardaeshir. I do not expect it is easy researching UK railway history from Poland. While some stuff can be grabbed from the internet you do not have easy access to books (and I have dozens). If it is brake vans you are concerned about in this instancem then North British Railway brake vans for pre-1923 on the Border Counties Railway (BCR) in NE England, gradually giving way to LNER types between 1923 and 1947 (though both former North British Railway and former North Eastern Railway types would still make appearances until about 1945). In the British Railways nationalisation era from 1948 most remained the LNER type or BR built derivitives of the LNER design. If you search for "LNER 20T TOAD B", "LNER 20T TOAD D" or "LNER 20T TOAD E" you will find information on common LNER types. On the DLS I think searching for "BR Freight CAR Brake Bauxite" will take you to a BR era brake van by pikkabird.

1919 Newcastle - Diagram 159 53ft6in Luggage Van

North East England during the steam era. A T.W. Worsdell E Class 0-6-0T stands in a centre road at Newcastle Central station with a N.E.R. 53ft6in Bogie Gangway Luggage Van built in 1909.

Nice NER luggage van. I see you've applied the 'correct' NER carriage coat of arms!

From the pic, I can't work out whether it is meant to be lined or are the panel recesses mapped to a light brown texture?

Rob.

Oh yes that is very nice. Not quite suitable for my secondary route country railway, but I still like it.
From what I know of NER coaching stock Rob it should be lined. The lining effect is quite subtle which I really like.

Borderreiver, - I see your Class 'E' is in NER livery with a numberplate on the bunker; - is that something new from Paul?

Back