The Trainz Channel - Twitch TV

Hi

Very informative the interlocking towers video --- In fact, did not know anything about IT ---

Thanks again ---

Ish

I watched the latest tutorial on "Interlocking Towers" and it was so informative. Thank you! Just by following some simple and straight-forward rules, I've got the use of another feature that I had not used before, but now I will. I see many uses for this.
Thanks again.
Cheers, Roy3b3

I echo the above. I hope this will turn out to be the first of a 'mini series' on Interlocking Towers, going from the basics of path configuration (covered) through to advanced path control, tips and tricks for defining paths, how to make best use of ITs in your sessions and (eventually) how to incorporate Track Circuit Blocks. I am sure that the more ITs are de-mystified, the more folks will see them as a very useful component of the Trainz toolbox.

John

Well that was a treat, I happened to comment after watching the tutorial on triggers the other day that I couldn't quite see the use of IT after beginning to get a better understanding of triggers to be presenting this evening with a further tutorial explaining just that. I can still think of a dozen questions but I will temper my curiosity and look forward to future tutorials before asking the obvious. Thank you very much. Peter

What would be great is a full tutorial on how to properly use Transdem on Tane. That would be very beneficial to everyone that want to build a prototypical route.

Trainz - Content Creation - #11 - Creating Speedtrees Assets for Trainz
This tutorial is a long one but goes into all aspects of creating Speedtrees for Trainz.
From setting up your tree lighting, materials, color sets, LOD and wind to creating single trees or trees from a Speedtree library where each new tree references the same textures saving on performance and memory.
All config.txt setup is explained and also full seasonal support.
https://youtu.be/oe7fu7g_yUU

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page

RE: Trainz - Content Creation - #11 - Creating Speedtrees Assets for Trainz

Enjoyed watching this - inspirational and informative - thank you.
PC

Hi,

Any suggestions?

Have you done a tutorial on portals?

I will figure you will do N3V default portals ....

However, If you get using 3party rules displayed the Central Portal Control by sforget!

Once one feels comfortable with it, it give one's layout life! I used it as a demo with Ian, (Vulcan) airplanes, and I had airplanes landing and taking off at different intervals, etc!

Ish :)

I agree one on portals would be great. I have several places on my route that has short leads that run off the map and I could use portals to send trains in to and out of the layout.

Will the Procedural 36 in Narrow Gauge Track be put on the download station? I would really like to get my hands on that.

All uploaded and should be on the DLS in the next 24 hours.
Auran Track TS2009 36in - Procedural <KUID2:523:1172:2>
Auran Track TS2009 36in - Procedural - Lite Snow <KUID:661281:44038>
Auran Track TS2009 36in - Procedural - Snow <KUID:661281:44031>

Trainz - Content Creation - #12 - Portals
This tutorial explains how to use Portals to spawn trains into your sessions. The portals explained are the built-in portals, central portal control rule and the un-portal 2 rule. We also show how the CPC Emit Trigger rule works to emit trains when a trigger is hit.

<kuid:-25:1070> Portal
<kuid2:30501:22006:3> Portal Basic
<kuid2:96914:22000:1> Portal Basic Short
<kuid2:117746:1013:9> Central Portal Control
<kuid2:400260:100645:2> Un-Portal 2
<kuid2:117746:1044:11> CPC: Emit Train On Trigger

https://youtu.be/rmUHZ6z40Y8
( sorry, video is a little "raw" but if we made them perfect then you might not get them :) )

Trainz - Content Creation - #12 - Portals
This tutorial explains how to use Portals to spawn trains into your sessions. The portals explained are the built-in portals, central portal control rule and the un-portal 2 rule. We also show how the CPC Emit Trigger rule works to emit trains when a trigger is hit.

<kuid:-25:1070> Portal
<kuid2:30501:22006:3> Portal Basic
<kuid2:96914:22000:1> Portal Basic Short
<kuid2:117746:1013:9> Central Portal Control
<kuid2:400260:100645:2> Un-Portal 2
<kuid2:117746:1044:11> CPC: Emit Train On Trigger

https://youtu.be/rmUHZ6z40Y8
( sorry, video is a little "raw" but if we made them perfect then you might not get them :) )

Excellent -- Thank you!!!

Ish

Sweet --:wave:

Also, how about a tutorial on displacement maps --- :hehe:

I've done displacement maps, which can be found at the D;S for my Marsz layout, and they'll great to use when done properly.

Ish

Last edited:
I've not long bought T:ANE after previously using 2009. So I've watched a few videos so far and learnt quite a bit.

The only problem I have is trying to do what's being said on the tutorial as it happens which isn't very easy as it goes pretty quick.

I know I can replay the video but to find the exact part that I want to listen to again so I don't have to listen to it all is the hard bit.

Michael

Last edited:
I know I can replay the video but to find the exact part that I want to listen to again so I don't have to listen to it all is the hard bit.

Michael

Hi,

Just pause the video -- quite easy to do on youtube ... pausing and incrementingly going back and forth by seconds quick easy to do!!

Regards
Ish

Hello --

Cool -- thanks for the latest tutorial!

Here's another suggestion:

How to set up boxcar, or Oil tanker, or Hopper, etc (rolling stocks) ... to how to consumes (loads) goods (products) like goods, oil, or coal , and then deliver those products to an interactive industry to unload

Here we use the consumption >>>> product from the Queues list! ---

I detail a few goods above, but of course, use coal which seems to be the most popular for loading / unloading product from and to industries, in trainz routes!

Ish :wave:

Hello --

Cool -- thanks for the latest tutorial!

Here's another suggestion:

How to set up boxcar, or Oil tanker, or Hopper, etc (rolling stocks) ... to how to consumes (loads) goods (products) like goods, oil, or coal , and then deliver those products to an interactive industry to unload

Here we use the consumption >>>> product from the Queues list! ---

I detail a few goods above, but of course, use coal which seems to be the most popular for loading / unloading product from and to industries, in trainz routes!

Ish :wave:

Yeah, I'd also like to see a vid on this topic!

Back