Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trainz Channel - Twitch TV

Quote Originally Posted by n3vpolsen View Post
    Trainz - Content Creation - #19 - Session Creation
    This tutorial runs through all the requirements needed to start creating a session in Trainz.
    The information can be found viewed in this document along with a sample session to download and view, edit or copy snippets from.
    DOCUMENT
    VIDEO

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page.

Loved that one. Just two questions: by default defined objectives are non-repetitive, correct? I mean, once "obj1" has been completed you cannot to it again. How could this achieved? (well, besides using 1000 stages of an objective)
    And what does the "reset objective" option in do? Only set an objective to its "Objective Add" stage?
    Thank you
    Lockheed

Blog Entries

Default Thread should be a sticky

Hi,

The thread should be a sticky -- Just makes it easier to find!

Kind regards
    Ish

Blog Entries

Hi,

At the DLS there's a rule "Display Video" by James Moody!

It uses html; But can a video be attached to the html to be displayed!

I experimented with this some time ago, but could not get it to work -- Yes, I've done many html to be displayed in my brief sessions, but I could not imbed a video with this rule, into the html pages!

So, a suggestion ... perhaps a tutorial using this rule, with a real life video!

Thanks for reading!
    Ish

Trainz - Content Creation - #25 - Picklists

In this tutorial we explain how to use picklists to filter on the content that you regularly use or want to have on hand quickly. It's also a good way to sort through larger lists of assets to test out what assets you do and don't want to use.

Video HERE

The video tutorials are a great help and superbly designed. But something is missing, the Language button. Would be wonderful if you could choose his native language.
    I am, for example, German
    MfG Uli

T:ANE Build:84204

In this tutorial we explain how to use picklists to filter on the content that you regularly use or want to have on hand quickly. It's also a good way to sort through larger lists of assets to test out what assets you do and don't want to use.

Video HERE

Wow! Thank you so much for this very helpful tutorial. I'm getting older and finding it more difficult to remember assets I used last week. Using 'Pick-list' will make life easier.
    Thank you again. It's tutorials like this that can make creating routes so much quicker for all Trainzers.

Cheers,
    Roy3b3

Blog Entries

Video HERE

Hi there, sir ...

Everything that Roy said, I'll back up -- These videos have make life easy in trainz world, and it's why I will always give video suggestions!!!

Thanks for making this a sticky also -- It was getting lost in the shuffled of threads!

I know your plate is full, so forgive me for bringing it up again ... I posted about a tutorial about a trainz gallery tutorial --- I just hope you saw it!

A tip: You know, thinking here, maybe, post a list of upcoming tutorials from your bucket list! LOL ... so we don't repeat ourselves!

Kind Regards
    Ish

Trainz - Content Creation - #26 - Track-LOD-Tree

In this tutorial we explain how to create track-lod-tree containers for your spline assets. The wiki can be found HERE but the video will hopefully give you a better understanding while reading along.

Video is HERE

Blog Entries

Default SUGGESTION

Hi there, sir

This suggestion is because I find myself sometimes lost in searching through the dozens of video tutorials on youtube, and if I get lost, someone that spends everyday in the forum imagine for the novice, who visits from time to time -- He might just give up!

So my suggestion, sir, with all due respect, I think you should post up a list of each video tutorials on your first post on this thread, and then add a banner or wording with a link to your first post, where we can see how many tutorials videoes there are --- In my opinion, this will make it easier to find what tutorial, and what number they're label!

The other day I had to go through your YouTube listing to find what I need, and it took a while, so again, imagine the average Joe ... he'll give up!

Well, just my 2 cents on this issue, and I hope you agree!

BTW. Thanks for the latest video tutorial!!!

Take Care
    Ish

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ish6 View Post
    ...I think you should post up a list of each video tutorials on your first post on this thread, and then add a banner or wording with a link to your first post, where we can see how many tutorials videoes there are --- In my opinion, this will make it easier to find what tutorial, and what number they're label!

Ish
    Or include this link in your posts.

Paul

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    Or include this link in your posts.
    Paul just prove my point further!

Did not even knew that such a page existed! LOL

Good one, Paul!

Ish

Quote Originally Posted by ish6 View Post
    Paul just prove my point further!

Did not even knew that such a page existed! LOL

Good one, Paul!

Ish
    I didn't know it existed either although after clicking on the 'Link' it shows that it can be found in the Index however when I looked at it it doesn't come up.

Michael

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spottymarshal View Post
    I didn't know it existed either although after clicking on the 'Link' it shows that it can be found in the Index however when I looked at it it doesn't come up.

Michael
    Which one?

Paul

Have updated the original post to have a link to the video listing on the Trainz wiki

Blog Entries

Have updated the original post to have a link to the video listing on the Trainz wiki
    Excellent!!!
    Thank you for such quick action!
    This makes it much more easier to find any specific tutorials!
    Take Care
    Ish