The Trainz Channel - Twitch TV

Paul just prove my point further! :wave:

Did not even knew that such a page existed! LOL

Good one, Paul!

Ish

I didn't know it existed either although after clicking on the 'Link' it shows that it can be found in the Index however when I looked at it it doesn't come up.

Michael

Which one?

Sorry if I didn't make it very clear Paul

I went on 'http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Main_Page'

Then on the left hand side under Navigation I clicked on Index which brought up this page

'http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/SiteIndex'

I then clicked on 'List of Categories' and searched down the list but couldn't find it.

I've now found it under 'How-To Guides' that n3vpolsen has just added :) but did't know if there should be a link in the Index under 'List of Categories'

Michael

Trainz - Content Creation - #20 - How to increase a kuid version in Trainz

If you are updating an asset, most of the time you don't want to be creating a new kuid for it (i.e don't clone CTRL+D the asset). You will want to just increase the kuid version number so that the asset keeps the original kuid with only the version number changing.

This is only change the number version - or - I need to edit or re-skin - re-draw the assets?

Because some of my assets get "error is mesh" or "no longer support for current TANE, no longer support for below than version 3.5 ..."
BUT I found many of dependencies have release version 1.3 without error and many of other with release version 3.2 is faulty for TANE...

Last edited:
Excellent initiative and a proven way for games developers to drive greater interest and loyalty in their products.
Suggest make them short and sweet and fully of meaty goodness!

Trainz - Content Creation - #27 - Replacing Faulty Assets (Speedtree v5 example)

In this tutorial we explain how to deal with faulty assets when moving your routes from one version of Trainz to another and some assets you are using are faulty. The best solution is to update the asset itself so it is not faulty but sometimes that can be a slower process due to not owning the source content to update. Replacing the asset might be the faster option for you. In this tutorial we show you 2 ways to remove the faulty assets from your route.

Video is HERE

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page.

Interesting method, Paul.

I would categorize this as an 'advanced' method.

I've done this in the past to get around one of those so-called illegal assets which were built-in in TS12, but could not be transferred to T:ANE. In my case I left the asset at my kuid since I have no plans of sharing it, and have used that asset a number of times now in my own routes.

Doing this method for a one-off situation is fine such as I outlined. Facing something like this with 956 different Pofig SpeedTrees is a different matter altogether. In situations such as this with hundreds, if not thousands in some cases of trees and shrubs on one route, I have resorted to replacing assets first in TS12 with like species or similarly shaped trees from RMM and even billboard trees from JVC and others so the route can be imported into T:ANE without issue. Deleting missing assets is fine in small routes, but when the routes extend 300 km or more, you don't want to have to reforest regions all over again from scratch, besides, the route creator has gone through great lengths in some cases to cast a particular look or feel using the assets he has chosen for an area. By replacing these assets with similar, or perhaps the same type of tree, then the same feelings can be preserved if not improved upon when the route is imported into T:ANE.

To ensure I've collected all the trees, I get dependencies and view them in the Main list, which I sort by author. Once the assets are sorted, I will then look for Pofig, for example, and select all of his trees which are dependencies for the route.

With these assets selected, I will then drag them into the pick-list which makes these specific assets available in Surveyor.

Using the pick-list, In Surveyor I then chose and place bunches of trees in this case, and then replace them with my tree of choice. Once I've replaced these trees, I delete them from the pick-list and continue on down until all the trees are replaced.

Once I have completed this process, I run a check again in Content Manager to ensure I didn't miss anything, and if all is okay I save the route to CDP for import into T:ANE later on.

Speaking of the RMM trees. He was nice enough to have both a TS12 asset as well as a T:ANE version which gets obsoleted once the route is imported. The set isn't complete but it's enough to replace most of the trees that are on the routes which I happened to be importing.

Using this method, I have imported a number of my older routes which I enjoyed in TS12 and can now enjoy them even more in T:ANE.

John

so i don't know how to use the rail faning Camera and I went to know how to use it and turn it and remove the Camera.
and please note Jdriver manes Jonathan

Doing this method for a one-off situation is fine such as I outlined.
Yes I wouldn't go doing this for a large amount of assets but it might be helpful to know if you need to address a handful and need to get them visible in your route in Surveyor. Obviously the best approach is to fix the asset itself.

Hi,

This is just an observation -
- If I was a noob I would find it difficult to follow your: Trainz - Content Creation - #4 - Part 1 - HTML Assets - Text - String Table Entries tutorial.

Although your video is informative and direct, but where do I start? Do I download a HTML-Asset from the DLS, and copy that per-sa ... In other words, there's no file sample file to go on.

I've done a number of HTML assets which are at the DLS, so I can easily download what I have done in the pass to refresh my memory; But again, if I was a noob I would have no idea how to begin to put into practice your tutorial, unless a simple downloadable zipfile with a sample file is provided to follow!

Unless there is one, and I've missed it!

Kind Regards :)
Ish

Trainz - Content Creation - #28 - Dig Holes (making holes in the terrain)

In this tutorial we explain how to use Dig Holes to cut holes in the terrain of your route. These can come in handy when adding assets that require the terrain to not go through them.
NOTE: Do not overuse these as they are performance heavy! A handful here and there are ok but more than that in an entire route is not good.

Video is HERE

Last edited:
Trainz - Content Creation - #28 - Dig Holes (making holes in the terrain)

In this tutorial we explain how to use Dig Holes to cut holes in the terrain of your route. These can come in handy when adding assets that require the terrain to not go through them.

Video is HERE

Hi Again :wave:

Excellent -- I think dig holes are underrated -- If use rigth it can benefit one's route greatly!

Kind Regards
Ish

so i don't know how to use the rail faning Camera and I went to know how to use it and turn it and remove the Camera.
and please note Jdriver manes Jonathan

Please advise what you mean by “rail faning camera”? Do you mean the line side camera and how to position them around your route?

Back