The Trainz Channel - Twitch TV

Please provide a little more detail as to what you are after in the tutorial Dave? This could mean a couple of different things currently.

What do I need to do when I want to make a new region with assets that are not in any built in region. For example I want to see assets like<kuid2:254127:28183:1> Sentinel steam tractor or the <kuid2:84912:29673:1> Steam Lorry Sentinel DG4P Castrol or even the <kuid2:201734:99000056:1> Steam road train loco driving up and down the roads.
Dave

Suggestion

Hi,

Maybe a video tutorial on how to make your own TMR17 route? Or at least the basics!

Ish

Trainz - Content Creation - #29 - FBX Importer - Basics (for TANE SP2 - 4.5 or greater)

In this development tutorial we show how Trainz (TANE SP2 - 4.5 for greater) can use .FBX files to get your 3D creations into Trainz.
This is a development tutorial so information in this video might change since it has been created before the release of the functionality.

Video is HERE

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page.

Trainz - Content Creation - #29 - FBX Importer - Basics (for TANE SP2 - 4.5 or greater)

Interesting. There are far less options in the Blender FBX exporter and the treatment of baked animation is very different. The workflow is fundamentally the same for Blender users.

I hadn't gotten as far as trying out stretching using animation. It was definitely on my list!

Trainz - Content Creation - #21 - Missing Dependencies and Moving Content

This tutorial goes into detail on how to determine what assets are missing when you have something marked as having "Missing Dependencies" in Trainz Content Manager. We also explain what you need to do to move your content from one copy of Trainz to another.

Video HERE

Hi,

I've just watched the Tutorial #21- Missing Dependencies and Moving Content; and was quite impressed with the simplicity of handling what I have found in the past to be quite daunting.

However, a question that has puzzled me: In regard to the video section about moving a route to another person, I noticed that all the Base, Built-in, Payware, Available for Download assets are eliminated and only the 'Modified' assets are converted to a cdp file for export purposes. I'm still trying to understand how, if I have used certain built-in or base assets to construct the route, then why would I only send the 'Modified' items only?

How can the route when it arrives at the receivers end, display the route in total detail?

Does this just magically appear?

I'd appreciate your comments, thank you.

Cheers,
Roy3b3

PS: There is probably a very simple answer for this !!

In this development tutorial we show how Trainz (TANE SP2 - 4.5 for greater) can use .FBX files to get your 3D creations into Trainz.
This is a development tutorial so information in this video might change since it has been created before the release of the functionality.

Video is HERE

Hi there, sir,

Excellent --- thanks for this one --- I've been reading what's going on wih this subject from the Dev forum -- not a member but like to read what's happening daily there -- So, this is a very freshing tutorial on the subject --- :wave:

Take Care
Ish

Hi,

I've just watched the Tutorial #21- Missing Dependencies and Moving Content; and was quite impressed with the simplicity of handling what I have found in the past to be quite daunting.

However, a question that has puzzled me: In regard to the video section about moving a route to another person, I noticed that all the Base, Built-in, Payware, Available for Download assets are eliminated and only the 'Modified' assets are converted to a cdp file for export purposes. I'm still trying to understand how, if I have used certain built-in or base assets to construct the route, then why would I only send the 'Modified' items only?

How can the route when it arrives at the receivers end, display the route in total detail?

Does this just magically appear?

I'd appreciate your comments, thank you.

Cheers,
Roy3b3

PS: There is probably a very simple answer for this !!

Pending you own the version of Trainz you built your route in, the built-in / base assets will be made available either in the next version of Trainz or via DLC for free using your MyTrainz account.

Pending you own the version of Trainz you built your route in, the built-in / base assets will be made available either in the next version of Trainz or via DLC for free using your MyTrainz account.

Thanks for the prompt reply, however, it did not quite answer my query. I was not querying the next version of Trainz. Maybe I did not explain the situation clearly.

I was asking,.... if I had created a route and session, say in T:ANE, and I wanted to send said route and session to a fellow Trainz member, who also had the exact same version of T:ANE;
and if I only forwarded the 'Modified' assets of the route and session to him,...

Would 'He' on downloading my 'Modified' assets have the full route and session that I have, including the additional 2,000 odd, Base, Built-in and Available for Download assets that I needed to construct the route?

Or, would I need to forward the additional assets as well to complete the route ?

This is just not clear to me, thank you.

Roy3b3

This situation occurs frequently, such as when you download something from a 3rd party site (i.e. not the DLS). What will happen is that the person receiving your cdp will install it and will then see the assets as 'missing dependencies.' They can create a filtered list of the missing ones, using content manager. Since all should be available for download from the DLS, they would just need to 'select all' and 'Download.'

This process makes sense as it will ensure that users always install the latest versions of anything published to the DLS.

John

If I had created a route and session, say in T:ANE, and I wanted to send said route and session to a fellow Trainz member, who also had the exact same version of T:ANE;
and if I only forwarded the 'Modified' assets of the route and session to him,...

Would 'He' on downloading my 'Modified' assets have the full route and session that I have, including the additional 2,000 odd, Base, Built-in and Available for Download assets that I needed to construct the route?

Correct. Pending you have the same version of Trainz, all you need to do is send the modified assets to your friend as they will have access to the same Base, Built-in and DLS assets as you have.

Correct. Pending you have the same version of Trainz, all you need to do is send the modified assets to your friend as they will have access to the same Base, Built-in and DLS assets as you have.

Thank you, I knew there was a little magic built into Trainz.

Cheers,
Roy

Hi Ish. We've currently reallocated our resources into making sure we get more content out for TANE, iOS and new content ready for Trainz "Next"

Hi Tony,
Understood, sir --
Thank you for letting us know why the lack of presence in this thread!
Very kind Regards :)
Ish
Ish

Hey Guys, So I've been trying to use the m.tbumpenv tutorial in Trainz 12. It always shows up with a blank white surface. why is this happening? Plus, will there be a new plugin for 3ds max 2017 for T:ANE in the future?

Last edited:
Hey Guys, So I've been trying to use the m.tbumpenv tutorial in Trainz 12. It always shows up with a blank white surface. why is this happening? Plus, will there be a new plugin for 3ds max 2017 for T:ANE in the future?

The tutorial is more likely to be for TANE rather than TS12 although the basic settings are the same.

The future for TANE and mesh modelling is FBX. See this page. and the link on the page for 3DS Max.

:udrool: I can't believe I've been missing this my entire life of T:ANE...I hope the Asset Creation tutorial for the next stream is helpful in the Locomotive texturing and animating...HYPED!

Last edited:
Back