The Trainz Channel - Twitch TV

Trainz - Content Creation - #20 - How to increase a kuid version in Trainz

If you are updating an asset, most of the time you don't want to be creating a new kuid for it (i.e don't clone CTRL+D the asset). You will want to just increase the kuid version number so that the asset keeps the original kuid with only the version number changing.

To increase an assets kuid version just follow these simple steps.

1. From the launcher, open Content Manager
2. Select your current version asset and click the "Content" in the main menu and select "Create New Version"
3. The new version will be open for edit so you'll need to make your edits and submit for the new version to take effect.

Video HERE

Information that describes the actual contents of a kuid can be found HERE

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page.

Last edited:
Hi,
It's really quite a good idea to come up with the Trainz Channel. Good for explaining the various issues occuring in Trainz. It can get you going were you got stuck.
Except for people like me with a small hearing-problem. The voice itself, explaining the issues, is clear and o.k., but because of the echo I can not follow the story at all. And that's a pity. That can not be your goal.
Please considder this issue.
Thank you

'jnmkbln' as a short term solution have you considered downloading the videos then playing them back with the likes of the SMPlayer (a free audio/video player) or similar which have built in video and audio filters, equalizers and delays to enable you to perhaps tune the audio a little better to suit your hearing. Peter

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your response.
What you mentioned I did try using Asus Realtek HD audio, resulting in a better understanding of the story, specially when using a headphone. Jan

Trainz - Content Creation - #21 - Missing Dependencies and Moving Content

This tutorial goes into detail on how to determine what assets are missing when you have something marked as having "Missing Dependencies" in Trainz Content Manager. We also explain what you need to do to move your content from one copy of Trainz to another.

Video HERE

Excellent -- Since I need to reinstall TANE this give my the opportunity to transfer tons of contents from TR12!

Kind Regards
Ish

Trainz - Content Creation - #22 - Level of Detail ( LOD )

This tutorial goes into detail about the possibilities of Level of Detail or LOD when modelling and how to get your LODs working within Trainz.

Video HERE

The example assets used in the tutorial can be downloaded HERE

Last edited:
Trainz - Content Creation - #23 - How to Analyse Content Performance

In this tutorial we explain how to determine what each individual piece of content in Trainz might be doing to your routes and sessions and how to replace the content if it is an issue.

Video HERE

Thank you. That is one useful tutorial to find and fix performance issues. Will make creating new content easier too.:cool:

Wonderful tutorials. Every time I spend a few minutes watching the Twitch TV Tutorials, I learn something I didn't know before.

I know it takes a lot of research to put them together but keep it up guys. Thank you.
Cheers,
Roy3b3

Wonderful tutorials. Every time I spend a few minutes watching the Twitch TV Tutorials, I learn something I didn't know before.

I know it takes a lot of research to put them together but keep it up guys. Thank you.
Cheers,
Roy3b3

Feel the same as Roy!!!

Ish

There have been a couple of forum discussions about the use of picklists. It seems that many do not know how to use them and the manual is a bit light on the subject. More recently, a discussion on saving picklists came up and this post suggested a way of doing it. I'm happy to produce a HowTo WiKi page on saving of picklists but I think a video on general usage within TANE might be handy.

There have been a couple of forum discussions about the use of picklists. It seems that many do not know how to use them and the manual is a bit light on the subject. More recently, a discussion on saving picklists came up and this post suggested a way of doing it. I'm happy to produce a HowTo WiKi page on saving of picklists but I think a video on general usage within TANE might be handy.

We have one planned Paul ;)

Back