The Trainz Channel - Twitch TV

Great tutorial. It clarified a few issues that I was still puzzling over. One thing that you did not make clear, and may cause some confusion, is that when you enter a unique ID name for a navigation point set it must use lower case letters and cannot contain spaces, but numbers and hyphens are ok.

Another point I have noticed (it may be a bug) is that if you are using the Navigation Display rule as a child rule of, say a trigger check rule, and use another rule (e.g. a message popup) on the same indent level below it then that following rule does not execute. The workaround to this is to make both the child rules (the Navigation Display and the Message Popup) as children of a Simultaneous List rule under the Trigger Check rule or, as your tutorial suggests, create all the navigation sets at the start and hide them until they are needed.

Re: Navigation Points, yet another informative tutorial thank you and again proof you're never to old to learn new tricks. It makes a pleasant change to actually watch a tutorial as its been released on-line, more often than not they get copied to a USB stick with all the others for viewing on tablet/laptop to passing the time when commuting on public transport or while staying away from home. Peter

Trainz - Content Creation - #24 - Navigation Points

In this tutorial we explain how to use navigation points and their various rules within session creation.

Video HERE

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page.

Hi,

Excellent -- My suggestion about this topic went through -- However, credit goes to Pware for his thread on this topic, but I got confuse reading through it -- But now this video will clear things up!

You're doing a great job!!! :udrool:

Ish

These Tutorials are so informative. Every time I watch one I learn something I didn't know before. The beauty of these tutorials is that you can watch, wind back and re-watch it again until you get a full understanding.

Keep it up guys. You are doing a fine job.
Cheers,
Roy3b3

... if you are using the Navigation Display rule as a child rule of, say a trigger check rule, and use another rule (e.g. a message popup) on the same indent level below it then that following rule does not execute.

I have now confirmed this with the Navigation Set Hide/Show rule as well.

In the above screenshot, the message popup will not appear after the navigation points become visible.

In the above, the message popup does appear as do the navigation points.

I have submitted a bug report.

It turns out that the problem I have reported is not a bug, but the normal behaviour of the Navigation Display rule and the Navigation Set Hide/Show rule. I received the explanation from Zec.

If either of these two rules is to be used as part of an Ordered List with other following rules, as shown in the first screenshot above, then they and any other rules that follow them must be placed as children of a Simultaneous List rule. The screenshot below shows the arrangement. I have tested it and it works.

Screenshot tutorial

Hi, :wave:

I recently found myself jumping through hoops in search for the screenshotz folder ... if you click this:#767 You will get the idea of what I went through to find it.

Also, with this, include a tutorial on how to upload screenshotz to n3v gallery ... click here to glance at O's post about this topic #3 --- I really have no idea how-to, and not sure how this works!

Thanks for reading!

Ish

We are all a bit confused about the trainz gallery! LOL
Added: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?133914-Uploading-Images&p=1547185#post1547185

Last edited:
Trainz - Content Creation - #19 - Session Creation
This tutorial runs through all the requirements needed to start creating a session in Trainz.
The information can be found viewed in this document along with a sample session to download and view, edit or copy snippets from.
DOCUMENT
VIDEO

Loved that one. Just two questions: by default defined objectives are non-repetitive, correct? I mean, once "obj1" has been completed you cannot to it again. How could this achieved? (well, besides using 1000 stages of an objective)
And what does the "reset objective" option in do? Only set an objective to its "Objective Add" stage?
Thank you
Lockheed

Thread should be a sticky

Hi,

The thread should be a sticky -- Just makes it easier to find! :wave:

Kind regards
Ish

Hi,

At the DLS there's a rule "Display Video" by James Moody!

It uses html; But can a video be attached to the html to be displayed!

I experimented with this some time ago, but could not get it to work -- Yes, I've done many html to be displayed in my brief sessions, but I could not imbed a video with this rule, into the html pages!

So, a suggestion ... perhaps a tutorial using this rule, with a real life video!

Thanks for reading!
Ish

Trainz - Content Creation - #25 - Picklists

In this tutorial we explain how to use picklists to filter on the content that you regularly use or want to have on hand quickly. It's also a good way to sort through larger lists of assets to test out what assets you do and don't want to use.

Video HERE

The video tutorials are a great help and superbly designed. But something is missing, the Language button. Would be wonderful if you could choose his native language.
I am, for example, German :)

In this tutorial we explain how to use picklists to filter on the content that you regularly use or want to have on hand quickly. It's also a good way to sort through larger lists of assets to test out what assets you do and don't want to use.

Video HERE

Wow! Thank you so much for this very helpful tutorial. I'm getting older and finding it more difficult to remember assets I used last week. Using 'Pick-list' will make life easier.
Thank you again. It's tutorials like this that can make creating routes so much quicker for all Trainzers.

Cheers,
Roy3b3

Video HERE

Hi there, sir ...

Everything that Roy said, I'll back up -- These videos have make life easy in trainz world, and it's why I will always give video suggestions!!!

Thanks for making this a sticky also -- It was getting lost in the shuffled of threads!

I know your plate is full, so forgive me for bringing it up again ... I posted about a tutorial about a trainz gallery tutorial --- I just hope you saw it!

A tip: You know, thinking here, maybe, post a list of upcoming tutorials from your bucket list! LOL ... so we don't repeat ourselves! :wave:

Kind Regards
Ish

Trainz - Content Creation - #26 - Track-LOD-Tree

In this tutorial we explain how to create track-lod-tree containers for your spline assets. The wiki can be found HERE but the video will hopefully give you a better understanding while reading along.

Video is HERE

SUGGESTION

Hi there, sir

This suggestion is because I find myself sometimes lost in searching through the dozens of video tutorials on youtube, and if I get lost, someone that spends everyday in the forum imagine for the novice, who visits from time to time -- He might just give up!

So my suggestion, sir, with all due respect, I think you should post up a list of each video tutorials on your first post on this thread, and then add a banner or wording with a link to your first post, where we can see how many tutorials videoes there are --- In my opinion, this will make it easier to find what tutorial, and what number they're label!

The other day I had to go through your YouTube listing to find what I need, and it took a while, so again, imagine the average Joe ... he'll give up!

Well, just my 2 cents on this issue, and I hope you agree! :wave:

BTW. Thanks for the latest video tutorial!!!

Take Care
Ish

...I think you should post up a list of each video tutorials on your first post on this thread, and then add a banner or wording with a link to your first post, where we can see how many tutorials videoes there are --- In my opinion, this will make it easier to find what tutorial, and what number they're label!

Ish

Or include this link in your posts. :)

Back