The Trainz Channel - Twitch TV

Hello. So if this is the official Trainz forum for Trainz: A New Era tutorial suggestions, then I have one. Can you do a T:ANE tutorial on how to change the color on the headlights and smoke? I always wanted to recolor it like the way it's seen on an engine in this YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYXeqmsZFUY), but never succeeded in changing the color to the right one whenever I tried it. Maybe it's because I don't know what I was doing.

Suggestion for Paul (N3V)

Hello Paul --

A tutorial video on how upgrade to SP's, HF's, etc as well as understanding builds version, DRM-Free versions, online version, DLC, etc ... You can use Shane's super chart, and displayed that on the tutorial video, as well as to explain features, settings, the Disable Feature click, which seems to be getting folks confuse! The debug features, etc ... On other words, a video tutorial on those features that we tend not to use until we patches, and fixes, etc ....

Take Care
Ish

How about a tutorial on creating a yard using asset #04 RH/LH- #10 RH/LH turnouts by sationmistress.

John Swann

Sorry there hasn't been a lot of streams in a while. We are hard at work and will get some new videos (and hopefully streams to!) out soon with some "interesting" info soon!

Cheers,
Paul

Sorry there hasn't been a lot of streams in a while. We are hard at work and will get some new videos (and hopefully streams to!) out soon with some "interesting" info soon!

Cheers,
Paul

Hello Paul,
No worries, sir
Tony has said that everyone's been busy --
When you get back into video making mode I'm sure we will be here!!!:D

Kind Regards
Ish

Yes, but they don't "maintain the pressure" by adding content regularly.
Nothing posted in almost a year... they basically built up a great viewer base... and obviously worked hard to do that.
What was published was, in my opinion great content.... and then threw away that "connection " that they had built with viewers, by not posting any more... what possibly is worse for that "connection" is they promised that they would post more "soon" (TM) ... and STILL didn't... so they probably even alienated viewers... certainly lost credibility.

We do apologise for the lack of continuity with the tutorial / content videos. We have been full steam ahead working on updates for TANE and also the future Trainz product and with a small team we simply can't do everything we'd like to do.

A couple of months ago we began a series of Developer Diary Blogs with a focus on content creation (http://www.trainzportal.com/blog) and there will be plenty more content videos to follow to help you get up to speed with all the upcoming content creator features.

We will aim to produce a new video each month while we continue to use most of our resources on development. We will look through this thread to put a new list together so if you have any requests not listed here, please send them over.

We do apologise for the lack of continuity with the tutorial / content videos. We have been full steam ahead working on updates for TANE and also the future Trainz product and with a small team we simply can't do everything we'd like to do.

A couple of months ago we began a series of Developer Diary Blogs with a focus on content creation (http://www.trainzportal.com/blog) and there will be plenty more content videos to follow to help you get up to speed with all the upcoming content creator features.

We will aim to produce a new video each month while we continue to use most of our resources on development. We will look through this thread to put a new list together so if you have any requests not listed here, please send them over.

Hi,

Back on 24 Aug 2016 you produced a Tutorial video #17 about "Merging 2 Routes".

On both of the 'T' and 'E' test routes, they were both blank and didn't have any assets or track placed. Each had a 'Route-layer' and although it had a 'red' warning, one route layer was deleted and ultimately they were merged into one route.

However if both routes were already independently established complete with assets and track and you wanted to merge them together,... isn't it necessary to rename one of the route layers to a different name otherwise there will be a loss of assets? Then once the routes are merged, is it safe to merge the various named 'route-layers' ? OR,... Will there still be a loss of assets?

I would like to know the correct procedure to avoid losing work that has been done on both routes, before any merging takes place.

I think others would appreciate some basic guidelines on this procedure.

Cheers,
Roy

Hi,

Back on 24 Aug 2016 you produced a Tutorial video #17 about "Merging 2 Routes".

On both of the 'T' and 'E' test routes, they were both blank and didn't have any assets or track placed. Each had a 'Route-layer' and although it had a 'red' warning, one route layer was deleted and ultimately they were merged into one route.

However if both routes were already independently established complete with assets and track and you wanted to merge them together,... isn't it necessary to rename one of the route layers to a different name otherwise there will be a loss of assets? Then once the routes are merged, is it safe to merge the various named 'route-layers' ? OR,... Will there still be a loss of assets?

I would like to know the correct procedure to avoid losing work that has been done on both routes, before any merging takes place.

I think others would appreciate some basic guidelines on this procedure.

Cheers,
Roy

I've watched the tutorial video again and although you're right in that the routes used are devoid of any objects or track, the two layers are being "merged" in the route merge dialog and not deleted. This should never result in any lost scenery, etc.

I've watched the tutorial video again and although you're right in that the routes used are devoid of any objects or track, the two layers are being "merged" in the route merge dialog and not deleted. This should never result in any lost scenery, etc.

Thank you for the quick feedback.

I took your advice and began merging two separate routes that I had created. Each one had a number of named stations and portals which could operate independently.
The route layers were called 'route-layer' on one and the other was called 'route-layer 1', so the two merged together as planned. After the merge I saved it as a new route, exited the program and then restarted. All layers are intact and I have not attempted to merge any of them together.

Now that I have joined up the tracks and adjusted the signals, I was about to create the first Session, when I noticed that all the named stations and portals on the secondary route which I was bringing into the initial route, were now not listed in the Find Menu.

In addition from the secondary route, all AJS invisible stations which had been named, still show as named when clicking on them; but have reset the platform specs back to start. These also do not show up on the Find Menu.

All trackmarks and triggers are visible throughout, but those from the secondary route are no longer listed on the Find Menu.

At this stage, if I want to use this particular route to create sessions with, it appears that every station, all portals, signals, points, trackmarks and triggers will have to be replaced and renamed before I can start on a session.

The Find menu and driver command does not recognize anything from the secondary route at all.

I am at a loss to know how to proceed. Would the forthcoming TANE update make any difference? My current TANE CE SP2 build number is 88364.

Regards,
Roy

Thank you for the quick feedback.

I took your advice and began merging two separate routes that I had created. Each one had a number of named stations and portals which could operate independently.
The route layers were called 'route-layer' on one and the other was called 'route-layer 1', so the two merged together as planned. After the merge I saved it as a new route, exited the program and then restarted. All layers are intact and I have not attempted to merge any of them together.

Now that I have joined up the tracks and adjusted the signals, I was about to create the first Session, when I noticed that all the named stations and portals on the secondary route which I was bringing into the initial route, were now not listed in the Find Menu.

In addition from the secondary route, all AJS invisible stations which had been named, still show as named when clicking on them; but have reset the platform specs back to start. These also do not show up on the Find Menu.

All trackmarks and triggers are visible throughout, but those from the secondary route are no longer listed on the Find Menu.

At this stage, if I want to use this particular route to create sessions with, it appears that every station, all portals, signals, points, trackmarks and triggers will have to be replaced and renamed before I can start on a session.

The Find menu and driver command does not recognize anything from the secondary route at all.

I am at a loss to know how to proceed. Would the forthcoming TANE update make any difference? My current TANE CE SP2 build number is 88364.

Regards,
Roy

Hi Roy, it would be good if you can work with our QA team to find any bugs that exist with our merge tool. I'll get someone from the QA team to be in touch with you to hopefully sort this out.

Cheers,
Paul

The SP2 HF1 update fixes a range of merge route issues so I'm pretty sure all the items you've listed have been covered in that update.

Trainz - Content Creation - #30 - Region Assets

In this tutorial we explain how to create a region asset that you can apply to your route under the Edit Route options in surveyor.

KIND Region provides a set of values that are characteristic of the region that a route is modelling. These values are the location of the region, the vehicles that travel on the roads and whether they travel on the left or the right, the default junction switches and the color of the water.

A region asset is selected for a route when the route is created. It can be changed in Surveyor when the route is edited. A region does not necessarily correspond to a particular physical or political area - it can be defined as required to reflect the settings that should apply to the route.

Video is HERE

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page.

Thank you Paul.

This was a most useful tutorial on Region Assets. It covered a number of items which I knew nothing about.

I had often wondered how to set-up a few default values on my layouts. such as cars and levers; and you've now answered my queries.

These Tutorials are extremely helpful not only for new people, but many 'oldies' who also like to keep up with all facets of this wonderful hobby.

Having additional knowledge means a higher standard for everyone, in which case we will all benefit.

Please keep these great tutorials coming. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Roy

hi not sure if this is the correct tread . I am having trouble downloading content from the download station, i have sp2 hp1 build now at 90842. I have been tring to carry on with my Tasmanian rail system layout for some time and now i have gone backk to try and continue with it. main problem is I am not sure if there is still bugs in the system. I have tryed doing the same on the earlier editions and have the same problem.
I get a message 'Please check your my tranz login detail' so I get now down load? so can any one help
I have now managed to save a masive part of my work on this project but I want to get some more items from the download station I started this projec over two years ago and trasfered it from 2010, then to 2012 and then into the early Tane. I was on the very stark paying in a lot of money in the development stages of the game to suport the new Tane.

Trainz - Content Creation - #31 - Part 1 - Bogey Creation
In this tutorial we cover how to animate your bogey using a parent child structure for dummies and meshes (part 2 covers “skin” modifiers for animation). We then continue to create the Trainz asset and import this asset into TrainzContent.
Video is HERE

Trainz - Content Creation - #31 - Part 2 - Bogey Creation
In this tutorial we cover how to animate your bogey using a parent child structure for just the dummy objects then applying a skin modifier to the mesh (part 1 covers animation through a parent child structure of dummies and meshes). We suggest watching part 1 first to get more of an overview on this tutorial before watching it.
Video is HERE

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page.

Back