The Trainz Channel - Twitch TV

I wrote a Blender FBX "how to" in the Trainz WiKi pages. Just search for FBX.

It's a basic tutorial and doesn't cover locos.

Thanks Paul, your tutorial got me as far as this https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3ljp4orgcp80rz/preview.png?dl=0 (sorry can't get the pic insert to work with dropbox)

As soon as I select more meshes then the preview just gives me the grey slate with yellow grid lines without any content.

The reason why I am trying FBX with my Blender model is because it seems to be bringing materials across and I cannot get UV unwrapping to work. FBX seems so much simpler, I just cannot get past this blocker. Any advice?
preview.png

preview.png
preview.png

Thanks Paul, your tutorial got me as far as this https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3ljp4orgcp80rz/preview.png?dl=0 (sorry can't get the pic insert to work with dropbox)

As soon as I select more meshes then the preview just gives me the grey slate with yellow grid lines without any content.

The reason why I am trying FBX with my Blender model is because it seems to be bringing materials across and I cannot get UV unwrapping to work. FBX seems so much simpler, I just cannot get past this blocker. Any advice?
preview.png

preview.png
preview.png

Perhaps it might be better to ask your questions in the Content Creators forum rather than this thread. You should get more help there. Currently, I'm a very long way from home so my contributions will be limited for a week or so.

Anyway, a TTTE loco is mostly plain colours (blue, red and black AFAIK) so onetex materials should work well.

A loco consists of (usually) three separate assets: the loco body, the bogie, and the interior. Don't think I've ever seen a TTTE interior so I suggest using using the Auran PB15 interior.

The loco body asset should be exported as one FBX file. That export can have multiple meshes. The image you provided seems to be the boiler and foot plates only.

The bogie asset, for Thomas, is probably only two wheel sets. Each wheel set could be one set of wheels but repeated as bog0 and bog1.

If you prepared to wait a week or so, I can provide much more help directly via e-mail. If that appeals then PM me and we can exchange e-mail addresses.

Trainz - Content Creation - #36 - Turf Effects (part 1)

This first tutorial on Turf Effects explains how to get up and running with painting some grass around your route. The next tutorials on turf will dive into detailed information on all parameters and Trainz Turf Effect Wiki information.

Video is HERE.

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page or the Trainz Wiki Tutorials page.

You mention a conversion utility early on in the video #33 for PBR textures. Is it downloadable somewhere?
Thanks, Rick

Trainz - Content Creation - #37 - Turf Effects (part 2) - Parameters Explained

This second tutorial on Turf Effects explains in detail all the parameters that come with a Turf Effect Layer. Turf Effect Wiki information.

Video is HERE.

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page or the Trainz Wiki Tutorials page.

Thanks for a great tutorial, which clarifies a number of aspects about laying grass textures. Very useful.

Cheers,
Roy

Hello n3vpolsen

Do you have a vide tutorial in your collection on how to create anim objects?

Thanks
Ish

Trainz - Content Creation - #38 - Copy / Paste Tool

This tutorial gives you some tips on how to fill certain areas on your route quickly with lots of detail using the copy and paste tool in Surveyor.

Video is HERE.

Find more videos on the Trainz Wiki Tutorials page and The Trainz Channel page.

On #21 Missing Dependencies You show a a data drive how did u create this and what other files should I create outside Trainz.

Yes that wiki page is obsolete now. All new videos will go up on the new content creation site. ( https://contentcreation.trainzsimulator.com )

TRS19 has a notification area on the main menu (down the bottom under the main buttons). We will be updating that with new information which will include content creation videos, tutorials and info we think you all might like so keep an eye out for that to update in-game.

Back