Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Trainz Channel - Twitch TV

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    Hi,

Back on 24 Aug 2016 you produced a Tutorial video #17 about "Merging 2 Routes".

On both of the 'T' and 'E' test routes, they were both blank and didn't have any assets or track placed. Each had a 'Route-layer' and although it had a 'red' warning, one route layer was deleted and ultimately they were merged into one route.

However if both routes were already independently established complete with assets and track and you wanted to merge them together,... isn't it necessary to rename one of the route layers to a different name otherwise there will be a loss of assets? Then once the routes are merged, is it safe to merge the various named 'route-layers' ? OR,... Will there still be a loss of assets?

I would like to know the correct procedure to avoid losing work that has been done on both routes, before any merging takes place.

I think others would appreciate some basic guidelines on this procedure.

Cheers,
    Roy
    I've watched the tutorial video again and although you're right in that the routes used are devoid of any objects or track, the two layers are being "merged" in the route merge dialog and not deleted. This should never result in any lost scenery, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by n3vpolsen View Post
    I've watched the tutorial video again and although you're right in that the routes used are devoid of any objects or track, the two layers are being "merged" in the route merge dialog and not deleted. This should never result in any lost scenery, etc.
    Thank you for the quick feedback.

I took your advice and began merging two separate routes that I had created. Each one had a number of named stations and portals which could operate independently.
    The route layers were called 'route-layer' on one and the other was called 'route-layer 1', so the two merged together as planned. After the merge I saved it as a new route, exited the program and then restarted. All layers are intact and I have not attempted to merge any of them together.

Now that I have joined up the tracks and adjusted the signals, I was about to create the first Session, when I noticed that all the named stations and portals on the secondary route which I was bringing into the initial route, were now not listed in the Find Menu.

In addition from the secondary route, all AJS invisible stations which had been named, still show as named when clicking on them; but have reset the platform specs back to start. These also do not show up on the Find Menu.

All trackmarks and triggers are visible throughout, but those from the secondary route are no longer listed on the Find Menu.

At this stage, if I want to use this particular route to create sessions with, it appears that every station, all portals, signals, points, trackmarks and triggers will have to be replaced and renamed before I can start on a session.

The Find menu and driver command does not recognize anything from the secondary route at all.

I am at a loss to know how to proceed. Would the forthcoming TANE update make any difference? My current TANE CE SP2 build number is 88364.

Regards,
    Roy

Thank you for the quick feedback.

I took your advice and began merging two separate routes that I had created. Each one had a number of named stations and portals which could operate independently.
    The route layers were called 'route-layer' on one and the other was called 'route-layer 1', so the two merged together as planned. After the merge I saved it as a new route, exited the program and then restarted. All layers are intact and I have not attempted to merge any of them together.

Now that I have joined up the tracks and adjusted the signals, I was about to create the first Session, when I noticed that all the named stations and portals on the secondary route which I was bringing into the initial route, were now not listed in the Find Menu.

In addition from the secondary route, all AJS invisible stations which had been named, still show as named when clicking on them; but have reset the platform specs back to start. These also do not show up on the Find Menu.

All trackmarks and triggers are visible throughout, but those from the secondary route are no longer listed on the Find Menu.

At this stage, if I want to use this particular route to create sessions with, it appears that every station, all portals, signals, points, trackmarks and triggers will have to be replaced and renamed before I can start on a session.

The Find menu and driver command does not recognize anything from the secondary route at all.

I am at a loss to know how to proceed. Would the forthcoming TANE update make any difference? My current TANE CE SP2 build number is 88364.

Regards,
    Roy
    Hi Roy, it would be good if you can work with our QA team to find any bugs that exist with our merge tool. I'll get someone from the QA team to be in touch with you to hopefully sort this out.

Cheers,
    Paul

The SP2 HF1 update fixes a range of merge route issues so I'm pretty sure all the items you've listed have been covered in that update.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    The SP2 HF1 update fixes a range of merge route issues so I'm pretty sure all the items you've listed have been covered in that update.

Thanks Tony,

I appreciate the feedback and look forward to the SP2 HF1 update.

Cheers,
    Roy

Trainz - Content Creation - #30 - Region Assets

In this tutorial we explain how to create a region asset that you can apply to your route under the Edit Route options in surveyor.

KIND Region provides a set of values that are characteristic of the region that a route is modelling. These values are the location of the region, the vehicles that travel on the roads and whether they travel on the left or the right, the default junction switches and the color of the water.

A region asset is selected for a route when the route is created. It can be changed in Surveyor when the route is edited. A region does not necessarily correspond to a particular physical or political area - it can be defined as required to reflect the settings that should apply to the route.

Video is HERE

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page.

Thank you Paul.

This was a most useful tutorial on Region Assets. It covered a number of items which I knew nothing about.

I had often wondered how to set-up a few default values on my layouts. such as cars and levers; and you've now answered my queries.

These Tutorials are extremely helpful not only for new people, but many 'oldies' who also like to keep up with all facets of this wonderful hobby.

Having additional knowledge means a higher standard for everyone, in which case we will all benefit.

Please keep these great tutorials coming. Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Roy

hi not sure if this is the correct tread . I am having trouble downloading content from the download station, i have sp2 hp1 build now at 90842. I have been tring to carry on with my Tasmanian rail system layout for some time and now i have gone backk to try and continue with it. main problem is I am not sure if there is still bugs in the system. I have tryed doing the same on the earlier editions and have the same problem.
    I get a message 'Please check your my tranz login detail' so I get now down load? so can any one help
    I have now managed to save a masive part of my work on this project but I want to get some more items from the download station I started this projec over two years ago and trasfered it from 2010, then to 2012 and then into the early Tane. I was on the very stark paying in a lot of money in the development stages of the game to suport the new Tane.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aussepom View Post
    hi not sure if this is the correct tread ...
    No, not the right thread.

If you think your login is correct but still not working, then I suggest you contact the N3V Help Desk. Click on the HelpDesk icon at the top of this page.

Paul

Trainz - Content Creation - #31 - Part 1 - Bogey Creation
    In this tutorial we cover how to animate your bogey using a parent child structure for dummies and meshes (part 2 covers “skin” modifiers for animation). We then continue to create the Trainz asset and import this asset into TrainzContent.
    Video is HERE

Trainz - Content Creation - #31 - Part 2 - Bogey Creation
    In this tutorial we cover how to animate your bogey using a parent child structure for just the dummy objects then applying a skin modifier to the mesh (part 1 covers animation through a parent child structure of dummies and meshes). We suggest watching part 1 first to get more of an overview on this tutorial before watching it.
    Video is HERE

yes tried the help desk and raised a ticke but I have waited weeks for a reply still none

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by n3vpolsen View Post
    Trainz - Content Creation - #31 - Part 1 - Bogey Creation
    In this tutorial we cover how to animate your bogey using a parent child structure for dummies and meshes (part 2 covers “skin” modifiers for animation). We then continue to create the Trainz asset and import this asset into TrainzContent.
    Video is HERE

Trainz - Content Creation - #31 - Part 2 - Bogey Creation
    In this tutorial we cover how to animate your bogey using a parent child structure for just the dummy objects then applying a skin modifier to the mesh (part 1 covers animation through a parent child structure of dummies and meshes). We suggest watching part 1 first to get more of an overview on this tutorial before watching it.
    Video is HERE

Hi --

I've made a few bogies in my life, so very cool --- My skill can only improve now!

Thanks
    Ish

Hi,

Back on 24 Aug 2016 you produced a Tutorial video #17 about "Merging 2 Routes".

On both of the 'T' and 'E' test routes, they were both blank and didn't have any assets or track placed. Each had a 'Route-layer' and although it had a 'red' warning, one route layer was deleted and ultimately they were merged into one route.

However if both routes were already independently established complete with assets and track and you wanted to merge them together,... isn't it necessary to rename one of the route layers to a different name otherwise there will be a loss of assets? Then once the routes are merged, is it safe to merge the various named 'route-layers' ? OR,... Will there still be a loss of assets?

I would like to know the correct procedure to avoid losing work that has been done on both routes, before any merging takes place.

I think others would appreciate some basic guidelines on this procedure.

Cheers,
    Roy
    I also have a question with regards to this video. I understand how to merge two routes but in the tutorial it shows that you can turn the letter T route round the opposite way so that it meets the E differently.

I know you say its for demonstration purposes but surely if you can do it for demostration purposes why can't we do it if we want to turn one of our routes round.

Thanks

Michael

Hi All
    I have recently produced a video tutorial for animating steam locomotive driving wheels, coupling rods, connecting rods, and crossheads for TANE. This is my first video tutorial, but I hope to produce a few more video tutorials over time!

You can find the tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBc7...ature=youtu.be

Regards
    Zec

Zecrail DLS Content
    All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

What program did you use? Gmax, Blender, or 3D Max?