Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The Trainz Channel - Twitch TV

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whitepass View Post
    What program did you use? Gmax, Blender, or 3D Max?
    He mentioned 3D Max a few times in the video.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

In the program's title bar at top left corner, show the file name , the folders involved and path , and the program (and version of this) ...

Kuid: 641694 - TS2009:44653 - TS12:61297 - T:ANE: 90945

Default looking for romanian steam locos?!

all you guys have to d

hello

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    He mentioned 3D Max a few times in the video.
    Yes, it‘s Max. I used to do animations like that 10 years ago but thank god I don’t have to in Blender. Doesn’t Max have bone animation? The method shown relies on eyeballing the position of a helper point and creating 30 keyframes - that’s a lot of work and you have to do both sides.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paulhobbs View Post
    Yes, it‘s Max. I used to do animations like that 10 years ago but thank god I don’t have to in Blender. Doesn’t Max have bone animation? The method shown relies on eyeballing the position of a helper point and creating 30 keyframes - that’s a lot of work and you have to do both sides.

Paul
    Yes Max has bones. I use your tutorial and only do my animations with bones. It's easy....none of this keyframe stuff. As for Blender...tried that...too hard....lol

Trainz - Content Creation - #33 - Convert Old Ground Textures to PBR / Parallax

A how to on converting your previous Trainz ground textures to take advantage of the new PBR / Parallax ground texture format in the upcoming Trainz release.

Video is HERE

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page or the Trainz Wiki Tutorials page.

oooohhhhhhhhhh

Trainz - Content Creation - #34 - Clutter - Fade out lowest LOD (simple version)

A how to on creating m.clutter assets where the lowest LOD fades out. This isn't a crossfade tutorial video, the higher LODs still use the pop in/out transition, only the last LOD fades out. This is the simplest method for clutter. The video goes through the mesh creation process in 3DS Max, the metadata.txt creation and also the setup of clutter effect layers for the upcoming Trainz release. We will cover clutter crossfade lod transitions in another tutorial.

Video is HERE

Find more videos on The Trainz Channel page or the Trainz Wiki Tutorials page.
    Last edited by n3vpolsen; March 1st, 2018 at 08:25 PM.

Hi All
    I have recently uploaded the next joint ZecRail/N3V Games tutorial, this time for animating Walschaert's Valve Gear for steam locomotives in 3DSMax (the same method works in GMax, and I'm sure a similar method could be adapted for Blender)! This video covers the animation of the valve gear itself, the animation of the crosshead, connecting rod, coupling rod, and wheels are covered in our previous tutorial.

You can find the video here

Regards
    Zec

Zecrail DLS Content
    All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

Will not work in Blender for export as FBX.

Is there a video #32? I seem to be missing that video from my collection.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Default Blender FBX step-by-step needed

I am the the "hands" for my 12 yo son who has quadriplegic cerebral palsy. He adores Trainz and wants to make his own Thomas the Tank style engines. So; I've modeled an E2 tank engine based on a blueprint that I found on this forum in Blender. It doesn't have any animation yet. But I want to just import it into Tane so he can see it in there as scenery because my slow progress is driving him crazy. Can you guys do a basic step-by-step on how to export from Blender v2.79 to FBX and then import into Content Manager please? I followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGBq...ature=youtu.be and I can get individual meshes into content manager where I am able to preview them. However, as soon as I select more than three objects then Content Manager reports "modified, faulty".

Blog Entries

I wrote a Blender FBX "how to" in the Trainz WiKi pages. Just search for FBX.

It's a basic tutorial and doesn't cover locos.

Paul

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

There is a bug in exporting an animation from Blender to FBX, N3V knows about this and is working on a fix but it is not out yet.