same commands to multiple drivers

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
I've got several consists that I have to give the same long set of driver commands to. I seem to recall hat there was a rule that could store such a list and apply it to multiple drivers but I can't remember what it is called. Had a look at some available rules on the DLS but none appeared to be the right one. Anyone remember what it is?

Hi Martin,

Look for Schedule Library. You need to add that rule to your sessions.

The companion driver command is copy command from.

With the Schedule Library, you create your driver's schedule just as you would if you were putting in the driver's commands in the command queue.

Once your schedule is saved, you then setup your drivers. Use the Copy Commands from and Insert from Library. I find the insert works best. For some reason the append acts odd.

Don't put a repeat within the schedule library commands and instead use that in the regular driver queue.

Hope this explains it.

John

Ah, that's it. Had forgot the second part but now got it working. Thanks

As a follow up, they suggest adding a short delay in the regular drive queue at the start to allow driver time to set up all the trains. Is there a way to not have that delay part of the repeat cycle? In other words, can only some but not all commands be repeated?

The delay part is the issue though. It does help to do that in the beginning, though with T:ANE that's been less of an issue than with TS12. I don't think there's a way of delaying only part of a command and only the first time around. That I think is the job of a script of some kind, and not being a programmer I don't even know where I'd begin on something like that.

John

There is Brummfondel's drivercommand 'Enable Repeat' <kuid2:192081:2:4>. It's available at the DLS (TRS2004, trainz-build 2.0).

Peter

Append adds to the end while insert puts it in at that point. If you want the schedule to repeat just make the last command in the schedule library a copy from library command. When you start the driver mode of a route your computer has a lot of things to set up and it is easy for a command to be missed when using the library. The small delay just gives the setting up a bit of space. 5 or 10 seconds is all that is needed and this can be placed in the drivers command list rather than the schedule as it wont get repeated if you use the above method.

Back