American Intermodal working in T:ANE SP1 HF1

Firefighterdan

343 NEVER FORGET
When T:ANE was released, the only thing I cared about was getting Jointed Rails American Intermodal working. Now that HF1 is out, everything seems to be working as it did in TS12. I also wanted to load more than just forty footers, so I cloned the 40ft Cheetah chassis, and added the 53 ft container kuid. It looks funny, but does the job. If anyone can get one of JR's 53 ft chassis to work, I would be more than happy to send a donation. Here is a short video of the BNSF MI-Jack loading both containers. ;)

Nice! We need to get everyone fired up to really motivate JR to expand on American Intermodal. An Intermodal seaport?

FighterDan,

What commands are you using for the trucks?

I've got my loading portal (truck-to-train) set up with "autopilot", "instant load 13", and "unload". I tried adding "navigate to (intermodal load area)" before the "unload" command, but that didn't make any difference. What I get are loaded trucks that drive right through and go to the outbound portal.

On the unloading side, I've got my unloading portal (train to truck) set up with "autopilot" and "load". There again, they don't stop and wait, they just drive right through to the outbound portal.

The only command I use for the trucks is instant load, and autopilot. When you stop the well cars in the "loading area" the loading process will start after one minute. You need the well cars that came with the American Intermodal, or it will not work.

Very cool Dan. I do want to get other chassis models available for different containers but I just have not had the time to get it done. I think all of the well cars currently at JR can work with the crane, if not, let me know if you find some.

American Intermodal will see an update that allows the crane to handle full trailers utilizing the trailer claws on the model - but i dont have a timeframe on it yet. so much to do, so little time...

FighterDan,

What commands are you using for the trucks?

I've got my loading portal (truck-to-train) set up with "autopilot", "instant load 13", and "unload". I tried adding "navigate to (intermodal load area)" before the "unload" command, but that didn't make any difference. What I get are loaded trucks that drive right through and go to the outbound portal.

On the unloading side, I've got my unloading portal (train to truck) set up with "autopilot" and "load". There again, they don't stop and wait, they just drive right through to the outbound portal.

Yoda

Depending on your setup, sometimes the trucks will keep going pass the cranes, maybe for another minute or so after the crane load/unload process starts. Eventually, the crane will get one of the trucks to stop and the crane will begin to unload/load the truck. Turn on your train messages and you will see that the Crane will display a message something like " waiting for xxxxx" to unload or load. This is after the 1 minute notice message. The crane will display the load/unload message after it moves to the load/unload position toward the front of the train. Its all automatic and so cool when it all works. I use the 'instant load all queues' and autopilot at the portal for the truck loads. The important thing is make sure you got the correct well cars. If not, the crane will display the 1 minute start message but then do nothing. Also, if necessary to test your setup, manually stop the truck close to the crane. I had to do that too before I realized give them time and the truck will eventually stop. Good luck

Marv

Very cool Dan. I do want to get other chassis models available for different containers but I just have not had the time to get it done. I think all of the well cars currently at JR can work with the crane, if not, let me know if you find some.

American Intermodal will see an update that allows the crane to handle full trailers utilizing the trailer claws on the model - but i dont have a timeframe on it yet. so much to do, so little time...

American Intermodal is the best thing ever done for trainz. It tops everything. I like it so much I completely tore down my ocean side container station on my route that I had spent months of work on, to incorporate American Intermodal. I then added a smaller container station and plan to add another. Keep American Intermodal going, please.........

Marv

That is great news Justin, Thank you!

Yoda

Depending on your setup, sometimes the trucks will keep going pass the cranes, maybe for another minute or so after the crane load/unload process starts. Eventually, the crane will get one of the trucks to stop and the crane will begin to unload/load the truck. Turn on your train messages and you will see that the Crane will display a message something like " waiting for xxxxx" to unload or load. This is after the 1 minute notice message. The crane will display the load/unload message after it moves to the load/unload position toward the front of the train. Its all automatic and so cool when it all works. I use the 'instant load all queues' and autopilot at the portal for the truck loads. The important thing is make sure you got the correct well cars. If not, the crane will display the 1 minute start message but then do nothing. Also, if necessary to test your setup, manually stop the truck close to the crane. I had to do that too before I realized give them time and the truck will eventually stop. Good luck
Thanks, Marv. I guess I wasn't being patient enough. I've been playing around with setting up so that I have one truck parked at the end of the ramp without an autopilot command, which backs up the rest of the trucks behind it. Once the loading/unloading process starts, I add the autopilot command to that first truck and the rest is automatic.

I'll try your method and see how it goes!

American Intermodal is the best thing ever done for trainz. It tops everything. I like it so much I completely tore down my ocean side container station on my route that I had spent months of work on, to incorporate American Intermodal. I then added a smaller container station and plan to add another. Keep American Intermodal going, please.........

Marv

I would love to see some screenshots of your Intermodal operation Marv. I made my own facility on the UMR 2015 route. I have three cranes, and they can load, or unload 45 well cars each. The trucks bring in 40, and 53 ft containers to load. I use the loaded version of the container because I want a heavy train, so I modded the chassis's to haul them. I am still working on adding scenery, but this is what I have so far......

These gates open, and close as the truck's come into, and leave the facility.

a0c82e818dbf40c90b409119d20680a8.jpg

d5ebd888539a0f32cdfe06de108d8cd1.jpg

3ed86067169bab18f39b7a3ba2b37032.jpg

3c435d04a09b98d0556ff453702f44aa.jpg

7fcad20462d24883ecf4d7457c59cb01.jpg

Hey Yoda

Glad you got it going. It took me quite awhile too playing around to get it all working. I had to follow the forums mainly Firefighterdan's comments to get mine working right and it was all worth it. Initially, I had the wrong well cars. I spent many hours just watching the container operation. This is by all means the best animation ever. I wish Jointed Rail would make this their priority and really expand on it, like adding container ships to load and unload.

San Diego, your almost just down the street from me.....

Have fun
Marv

WOW Marv, that looks awesome! :udrool:

I love the yellow lines in this picture, did you get them from the download station?

86bb212830f581c2f1474dd08bf85578.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys

The yellow line is on the DLS named 'Airport marking line continuous yellow xxxxx'......if you need the kuid, let me know. I found a lot of lines under Airport or Airportx on the DLS.

What program you guys use to post pictures right into the forum? I need a posting lesson or two.

Marv

Hi, I just use hostthenpost.org, take the shot, then put it up there on there site, then copy and past the url, there you go, I don't get in to editing pic, so I can't help u on that, hope that helps u, :wave:

Hi, I just use hostthenpost.org, take the shot, then put it up there on there site, then copy and past the url, there you go, I don't get in to editing pic, so I can't help u on that, hope that helps u, :wave:

Thanks conrail.....I will definitely look into that one. I have been looking around, but many seem like a come on to buy more storage space.

Marv

Very welcome, all free, they only keep your pic for like 2 weeks or something like that, then they get raid of them, good luck, and great shots on your intermodel yard, :wave:

Back