Screenshot of The Week: March 13 to March 20 2016 (Solitude)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Railroading is a largely lonely affair, often across vast treeless plains, inhospitable terrain or freezing passes. Only the hum of your engines and squeal of the rails disturbing the dark, silent night as you struggle to stay awake and in control. This week's theme is Solitude. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on March 23 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Not a place as much alone as the lonely caboose at the end of a freight train

Last edited:
20160313013200_1_zpszcxklpn3.jpg

CHME 5 (Allow me to call it The Allegheny of diesel engines,two different trains from different schools and at the same time so similar.)

In January of 1985, the lone whistle and exhaust of C&O 614T can be heard echoing through the New River Gorge at Hawk's Nest.

2a55b74e45b3bc8b55840b3151df41f1.jpg

Intresting theme :) Is it plasuable for one to truely be alone with nobody accompying them?
I'm refering to post-steam days of course..

A barely visible 2716 is miles away from any town while slowly rolling through the mountains, encountering nothing but the seemingly endless trees.
5i9b10r.png

Cheers,
SM

@SP9813: Where did you get the powerlines in the background of your pic? I could use those.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my entry. An NS SD70ACe leads a BNSF grain train across the giant Cut Bank bridge, leaving all signs of civilization on the other side.

Matt

Last edited:
There is no better way to enjoy Solitude than to sit back in your 'rocker' with a truck load of 'XXXX Beer' beside you in the afternoon sun, watching the 'footy' on an old TV, while "The Ghan" crosses the outback in the distance.

2016_03_19_110522.jpg

Outstanding Pictures, I have to say, I really like this thread, as I work on my Route, decorating etc, I get great ideas from your snapshots.

Thank you for sharing with us here!

The Solitary Country Gardener

Just when I think I have just about had enough of the solitude of tending my country garden with all its abundance of wild flowers, one of GWR's beautiful trains rumbles by and transports me in my mind's eye to places as yet undreamed of, places of magic and myth, of wonder and awe.

The%20Solitary%20Country%20Gardener.jpg

You all are outstanding. I especially like how the included "stories" really brings each pic to life.

Keep up the good work all of you.

0A59EC32ED23DC78771A06152261BBCAAA87368B

Prince's sturdy stacktalk and the rattling of rail joints are the only sounds over the soft comforting patter of the Welsh weather.

Hello from France, What is harder than beeing alone to work in a desertic snow landscape, and beeing the first to open the line ?

Cheers, Marc

Submissions are now closed. There are 13 entries for this round so up to 3 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until March 29, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Back