SRS UP SD70Ms Released..

Now I must ask, because I have yet to notice, what features are you referring to that these assets possess, that JointedRail's do not.

And just a heads up for next time, if your post is being received negatively by other users, it's best to quit while you're ahead.
Oh sorry. I just don't think JR has the in game texture changing script.

Has anyone had any luck getting these to work in TANE with the textures correctly loading?

Yes, but you'll need to do the following. TANE will not accept a xx.tga file as a texture. SRS has done all the hard work creating the various xx.texture.txt files but still refers to the .tgas in the config files (perhaps for 2.9 compatibility).

Corrective steps
1. Open the 'skins' asset for editing and open config.txt
2. Find and Replace '.tga' with '.texture' for all occurrences
3. Save config.txt and Submit the asset

Note, repeat the above for both loco skins assets assuming you have installed both. Do the same also with the main loco kuids, where one of the thumbnails also refers incorrectly (for TANE) to the .tga file. This will get rid of one of the warnings associated with the locos.

I just completed the above and the locos look and sound great in Tane, including the skin changes.

Thanks SRS for more great content.

John

Last edited:
What error?
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Yes, but you'll need to do the following. TANE will not accept a xx.tga file as a texture. SRS has done all the hard work creating the various xx.texture.txt files but still refers to the .tgas in the config files (perhaps for 2.9 compatibility).

Corrective steps

Note, repeat the above for both loco skins assets assuming you have installed both. Do the same also with the main loco kuids, where one of the thumbnails also refers incorrectly (for TANE) to the .tga file. This will get rid of one of the warnings associated with the locos.

I just completed the above and the locos look and sound great in Tane, including the skin changes.

John
thanks for the tip there vostrail. Now I can get these engines running in TANE. :)

Downloaded and tested the UP SD70M's in 2010. They look/work great. I sent you a contribution via Pay-Pal. Thanks.

Corrective steps

John

I was hoping it was something as simple as that as I did notice the errors had to do with some sort of 'obsolete' texture naming. I'll dig into this later tonight and get them going. Thanks, John.

Back