What movies/Tv Shows have you seen Trains in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATOMIC TRAIN
THE DAY AFTER TOMARROW
in that movie, right when people are jumping the border into mexico, you can see a DRGW SD50 with a gondola, primarily loaded with filming equipment, troiling slowly down the tracks.
Cheers,
Sean

ATOMIC TRAIN
THE DAY AFTER TOMARROW
in that movie, right when people are jumping the border into mexico, you can see a DRGW SD50 with a gondola, primarily loaded with filming equipment, troiling slowly down the tracks.
Cheers,
Sean
I thought I saw one there. intresting and realistic load:hehe:
Atomic train was a horible movie. it could have had more train in it.

I thought I saw one there. intresting and realistic load:hehe:
Atomic train was a horible movie. it could have had more train in it.

Atomic Train, that was such a stupid movie!

(For those who don't know so you don't have to subject yourself to the movie)

The brakes on a train with an old Russian nuclear bomb fail because the air hose broke. (IRL the brakes apply due to a lack of air pressure, so a cut air line would cause the strain to stop.) Rather than doing something sensible like applying handbrakes on all the cars, they try to hook another locomotive to the back to try to stop it.(o.0) When it derails later, (with unsecured chemical barrels in a gondola [o.0]) it catches on fire and later the bomb explodes (tests done on any type of nuke show that they cannot be detonated by fire) and blows up Denver.

It's really, really stupid.

Looney Toons: - several cartoons where trains made an appearance

Tom and Jerry: - same as looney toons, trains made appearances in some cartoons

Star Trek in general: - on episodes when at the starfleet academy, you sometimes see a maglev type train wizzing by on one of the glass tubes). Plus on one of the TNG episodes, some of the crew had to go on an old commuter on the hollodeck to solve a mystery of a space anomoly/lifeform.

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog: - several episodes when trains made an appearance

Mark Williams on the Rails: - A documetary devoted to trains

Ok a few TV shows come to mind.

Mythbusters (a few episodes regarding trains and myths)
Dirty Jobs (coal mines, scrap yards, working MoW for UP)
Modern Marvels

Movies:

"Flags of our Fathers"
"Silver Streak"

Dave

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.(If look carefuly, in Professor Lupin's office, when lupin teaches harry about repelling dementors, you'll see a small train going around in circles an a rotating track.)

TV shows:
1. The Angry Beavers. In the episode "Gift Hoarse" the beavers have received their gifts from their parents for Arbor Day. Norb has been given a cool giant train set, and Dag gets just a pine tree air freshener.
2. Action League Now! Trains have numerous appearances
3. Are You Afraid of the Dark? Episode 52: The Tale of Train Magic (Man, this show freaked me out!!!)
4. Hey Arnold! Episode 8, Part 2: Haunted Train
5. Inspector Gadget. had numerous appearances of trains
~TTT100~

There's a scene in the 2005 "War of the Worlds" movie when an MTA Metro-North train speeds through a crossing on fire after the initial alien invasion.

Trading Places has some nice scenes of an Amtrak E60 pulling the Metroliner.

The Fugitive has the best train crash I've ever seen.

U.S. Marhsals has a scene where Wesley Snipes swings from a skyscraper onto the top of (once again) an MTA Metro-North train.

The Simpsons again

Also the Simpsons episode with Lyle Lanley and the monorail. Thees also another one that i forget the name of where homer is driving from the flanders and runs an activated Xing.

Also the Simpsons episode with Lyle Lanley and the monorail. Thees also another one that i forget the name of where homer is driving from the flanders and runs an activated Xing.
ohh, and when they go to florida, they beat a slow moving freight train on a XING , but a Fast Amtrak hits their car.

and, when misquitos ruin their vacation, they go to a steakhouse and a famous steak eating trucker dies of a heart attack, so Homer & Bart must drive his truck to Atlanta (the truck is automatic) so , the other truckers see that they are ruinning their "scam" , so they try to beat up homer, but then they are all using the scam. Then , Homer reaches Atlanta, while he leaves the truck, 2 engineers are arguing that they dont want to drive the train to Springfield so , homer & bart found their ride back to Springfield. but , after they climb on , the train disappears :'( , then it goes back to their house.

and, in the theme song for The Simpsons, one of the running on the couch scenes shows a Subway Train @ the Evergreen Terrace Stop and they are on the bench after the subway train highballs the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back