My Permanent Questions Thread

Nowhere that I'm aware of and I've just had a search on Google as well all the available Merchant Navys are rebuilt ones, who is the screenshot by?

Looks a bit anaemic. and the lining is out on either tender or Loco. Could be a doctored West Country? looks sort of jetstreamsky ish.

I've no idea who it's by, the App does not tell you who or where(thread) it comes from. :(

Since you mention doctored West Country, is the nameplate on the side repaintable?(Normally it comes up with City of
Wells or something).

If that nameplate has been edited onto the photo, rather than painted onto the engine, that's a a shame. :(

Well I YET AGAIN found this a similar shot on the (App) Gallery...
7b75db06266857912848547b29b62cbc.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Is this the unreleased Lestorouteworks Merchant Navy or just a repaint?(as the Merchant Nameplate is painted on)

Last edited:
Ahh got my detective hat on...

Big clue Devon Belle.
One original by Jetstreamsky, not a bad guess eh? And a reskin by Alex23 both on DLS

<kuid:4468:57507> Devon Belle
<kuid:193148:1185> Devon Belle04

They look like ventilators where the inside could be rotated to open or shut them. Why they are there I don't know, because there only appears to be the sandboxes behind them according to a photo in K Hoole's "The Electric Locomotives of the North Eastern Railway" (Oakwood Press).

It's broken... well sort of because they removed the closed and dismantled lines from the maps which sadly were it's biggest asset.

Right, one small, but barely life-crippling error, on Content Manager, for some reason, the content preview does not load.

This has happened before and usually goes away, but not this time, any solution?

Right, one small, but barely life-crippling error, on Content Manager, for some reason, the content preview does not load.

This has happened before and usually goes away, but not this time, any solution?

For local content, have you tried a database repair? That usually fixes the problem.

Sometimes with downloads, there seems to be an issue with the DLS which prevents the thumbnail image from loading.

My Content Manager is back to normal, apart from one thing. The thumbnails will not load!

I've done a quick database repair, that didn't solve it. It's really annoying not knowing what I'm getting. :confused:

I hope nobody minds me bumping my old thread! I've got just one question on my mind really.
I forgot about this actually lol.

I've had a Trainz run today. ^_^

Anyway, to the point lol:

https://photos.smugmug.com/LNERStea... Hamilton' Class D14, D15, & D16 4-4-0-XL.jpg

So in this photo, you can see these two engines running with what appear to be blank tenders.
Sometimes, pre-grouping companies that did have lettering on their tenders, it always puzzles me why they seem to have blank tenders in some photographs?

I don't know if it's the light, grim or something but I'm just curious. Like I said, I hope nobody minds me bumping my old thread. This shouldn't get used to the extent it was a few years ago. :)

If you look closely the lettering is there. More than likely a combination of weathering on the engines, the way the light was when the photo was taken and a now obsolete type of photographic emulsion that doesn't register some colours very well.

j5I6WLG
j5I6WLG.jpg
Almost a full year since this thread was last used, a new question!
(I do hope that nobody minds me bumping my old thread again!)

From the early days of steam-powered railways, Guards Seats on either coaches(as seen here) or engines seemed common.
I’m curious, when was it discontinued? :)
94623dc3-6a19-4aed-900c-04ffd1cb6b8f
url
url

Last edited:
6881609715_b6453e0a33_b.jpg

Hello! :wave:

Unfortunately, my last question seems to have been neglected, so I'm hoping this one won't be the same case!
On some(or most, according to Liveries Of The Pre-Grouping Railways) Pre-Grouping Coaches, they seem to have Wooden Wheel centres, as you can see on this LNWR Coach.

I'm just wondering, why did they decide on wooden-wheel centres?

I'm going to take a stab at it. Let's assume it's the cost. The extra metal means more money spent on the metalworking, materials, and labor that can be better spent in company's coffers. There could be other things, but I'm inclined to think it's the cost of producing the wagons that way that brought about the change.

Back