My Permanent Questions Thread

Funny how YOU answered Paul as I was looking for some BR Locomotives on Content Manager and I saw your name and happened to remember my post... :hehe:

Thank you Paul...

Paul beat me to it but It is indeed the coaling Stage, should be a track running through it and a turntable in front which isn't obvious on the model photo - Track plan here

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=18&lat=52.7017&lon=-2.5172&layers=168&b=1

It's not far from me so have been studying the closed Wellington Stafford Line as a possible future project, having been dog walking along a fair chunk of it!

That's a nice find! Suddenly this has turned into the 'Researching Help' Thread.. :hehe:... not that I oppose of course.. :hehe:

It says 1892-1905 on that map, around the mid 1960s, I would assume the track layout was the same as shown on that map?

Also..Paul.. thanks for that, but I'm not sure it's worth buying something JUST to look at one thing.. I'd probably blank the rest..

I'm tempted to take the quick route to tidy up Trainz..

For the record, I've done EXACTLY what I DIDN'T want to do, which was install those tempting things on sight.... which is now hogging up my Trainz folder!

If I uninstalled Trainz, then reinstalled it, would Content Manager accept the Serial Number again?

Just curious, does/will TMR17 require a computer like T:ANE does to run well or will it run as Trainz 12 does on my PC?(A.K.A, quite well, for the record, my PC cannot run T:ANE without serious, unplayable lag)

I've tried with some engines to replace the bogies and some of them work, while others are in the wrong place or floating above the engine....

I should mention, I have been trying this with STEAM engines..

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what I should do?

I replace them using the config file btw.

The main problem with changing steam loco bogies is that even if you can get the heights right you'll almost never be able to get the brakes to line up with the wheels or the piston rods to line up with the cylinders...

I've actually had mild luck changing steam engine bogies! The J Class replacement(Pilot and drivers) actually worked quite well and the drivers don't look half bad at all! You should see the result on the Steam USA/Show off your reskins thread. :)

Thank you for the advice though. :) ;)

P.S Even if the rods DONT line up with the cylinders idc too much, providing it looks neat enough from a chase/free roam view. :)

I'm having problems with bogies and no, not the positioning of them.

When I want to recolour the bogey, I view the dependices of the engine(Say the J Class for example), I find the bogies I have replaced (9F>Black 5 Drivers, as an example).

After that, I view the bogies in content manager, view in explorer and recolour them, if needed, there.

However, I have found out the assets whom I have borrowed the bogies from are also recoloured, not just, for example, the new J Class Bogies..

What am I doing wrong and what could I do instead?

Sorry if I overcomplitated this.. :confused:

(For the record btw, if you'd like to make your own Personal Questions thread, go ahead! Do it in prototype talk, general Trainz or wherever! I won't disapprove! It's a great idea to prevent posts clogging up and also makes relocating answers easy! ;) :) )

I see, thankfully it's easily replaceable, best of all, no Payware in my collection! :D
For curiosities sake, the Bogies in question were the pilot SP Daylight Bogies and RWS Gordon Bogies. :) (Though oddly enough, Gordon's Bogies don't look so bad)

So I was looking in the Trainz Gallery App when I found this...

The loco up front would appear to be a Merchant Navy(Unrebuilt) Class, any idea where I can obtain this?

Back