Search KUID in TANE Content Manager

Christopher824

CDETrainz.com
Hello,

Not sure if this has been covered or if this is correct place to post, I did look elsewhere on the forums....

I am trying to look up all the pieces available from a specific author in the content manager. Example everything kuid2:60238 has made. I have tried the 'Custom...' then filled in the 'Asset KUID' with '60238', 'KUID2:60238', '<KUID2:60238', Etc. and tried 'Author' with those numbesr also, but the results are always blank. I remember in TS12 there was a way to do it. I also tried to look up the Author's name, but with this new content manager you cannot preview an item until you download it, and then when you download it and then preview it, it does not give you as much information (Author Name) as the TS12 Content Manager used to. It is frustrating for me, but maybe I am missing something here.

Any help as to find more usefulness of the new Content Manager would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Use the search by author filter and put in the hash or pound symbol " # " without quotes before the author id like this #124863.

Hope this helps.

John

Search KUID in Content Manager

Christopher824 said:
I am trying to look up all the pieces available from a specific author in the content manager. Example everything kuid2:60238 has made. I have tried the 'Custom...' then filled in the 'Asset KUID' with '60238', 'KUID2:60238', '<KUID2:60238', Etc. and tried 'Author' with those numbesr also, but the results are always blank. I remember in TS12 there was a way to do it. I also tried to look up the Author's name, but with this new content manager you cannot preview an item until you download it, and then when you download it and then preview it, it does not give you as much information (Author Name) as the TS12 Content Manager used to. It is frustrating for me, but maybe I am missing something here.

[B said:
JCitron][/B]Use the search by author filter and put in the hash or pound symbol " # " without quotes before the author id like this #124863.

But how do you search for single asset using the kuid?

Back