Getting T:ANE, now what?

Good Morning Claude -- :wave:

My dear friend, coming back to trainz?

How have you been?? Health wise, ... life??
Hope things are fine at your end of the world, sir!!!

It's been a long time! I still get your you tube notices, since I have subscribe to your channel -- Great playing the guitar !!!:udrool:

My 2 cents about TANE -- You need a good computer with a great video card -- check spec here:

TANE: Hardware Discussion

Make sure your pc qualifies!

Get the deluxe version, and then upgrade with SP1 DRM-free --- Leave a day to do all this, since it will take a while to install and then upgrade to SP1 ...

Tip -- If you do get the deluxe I strongly recommend downloading the SP1 patch first, since it's huge! In this way, it have it already to patch the game later after you install it!

Tip -- Do not get T12 .. that's going backwards, Claude, to be honest ... the Taddeanon (hope the spelling is right) just a nightmare! The DRM-Free version is free from connecting to N3V servers from my understanding, so no Taddeanon involved!

More info here:

TANE DRM- Free Patch Update - IMPORTANT INFO

Also, from my experience with TANE is that it runs great here .... no framerate issue ... runs super smooth! --- I do run the game on a high-end pc so that could be a big help too!

Anyhow, read the comments of others, of course ... a few of these guys can give you more insight into TANE -- Not really into trainz somewhat, so my insight is just a generalization of the game!

Well, good to see you around ---
Take care now
Ishie

BTW - Guys, Claude is a route master builder!

Last edited:
Thanks and hello again, Ish.
A few things are happening, these days. I went to the doctor and he said I have Type 2 diabetes, so my diet has been changing. So far I lost 50 pounds and the doc says I'll be off the diabetes meds if I can keep going like I am.
The soundboard on my bandurria collapsed under string tension, and it 's not as comfortable to hold as I would like, so I'll be making another one. And for my New Years Resolution, I've decided to actually learn guitar, so between general playing around I'm actually doing serious study. Chords first, then more advanced work, trying to lay down a basic foundation.
That about sums up what I've been doing.
Thanks for the links. I'll follow them and start making the machine ready to install the new Trainz.
If Tane overwhelms my computer what do you think of 10 as a fallback? It looks like it has some interesting routes built in, and it will take Keimei's assets.

I think TS12 is a better fall back then '10, personally. Just in terms of content available and all round functionality. But if your machine can't handle TS12 the 10 is certainly a suitable upgrade from TS04! I think you'll be happy with either in the end either way. There's so much more detail you'll be able to add to your routes.

-Joe

Thanks and hello again, Ish.
A few things are happening, these days. I went to the doctor and he said I have Type 2 diabetes, so my diet has been changing. So far I lost 50 pounds and the doc says I'll be off the diabetes meds if I can keep going like I am.
The soundboard on my bandurria collapsed under string tension, and it 's not as comfortable to hold as I would like, so I'll be making another one. And for my New Years Resolution, I've decided to actually learn guitar, so between general playing around I'm actually doing serious study. Chords first, then more advanced work, trying to lay down a basic foundation.
That about sums up what I've been doing.
Thanks for the links. I'll follow them and start making the machine ready to install the new Trainz.
If Tane overwhelms my computer what do you think of 10 as a fallback? It looks like it has some interesting routes built in, and it will take Keimei's assets.

I think TS12 is a better fall back then '10, personally. Just in terms of content available and all round functionality. But if your machine can't handle TS12 the 10 is certainly a suitable upgrade from TS04! I think you'll be happy with either in the end either way. There's so much more detail you'll be able to add to your routes.

-Joe

Hello Claude --

I have diabetes --I eat lots of tuna, etc ... Avoid juices, soda ... Drink plenty of water ... I can go on forever on this subject since I had for years now! If you do things right now there is that chance, where a very low dosage can be your daily routine.

During the past of time I PM you about it more!!

WOW, 50 pounds ... !!! That's great -- Upgrade your picture on you tube channel!!! LOL
:wave:

Also, Claude very important -- Since you wear glasses like me check your eyes 2 to 3 times a year ... Diabetes seems to like attacking the eyes as time goes on ... I know you're stating now, but better safe now, then sorry later, sir! -- I send more info and vitamins and stuff that has help in this journey that I am on at a later time!

ABOUT TRAINZ

If you're machine is not ready I say take Joe's advice ... it's why I quoted him!

T12 is the most stable of them all.
You can always fine the same route from Tr10 at the download from my understanding, etc ...

Take care now ...
and congratulation again on loosing all that weight, sir!!!!

Ishie

Back