Have you any pets?

We have a Golden labrador called Buddy, who is 18 months old. Got him up from the spca October last year.
Two cats (Motoway and Solo).
Solo (17 1/2 yrs) found when 6 months old.
Motoway (14 years). My partner rescued her from the verge of a motorway when she was a very young kitten. The pic of her is when she is a lot younger. In cold weather, she use to drape herself on my crt as it was nice and warm. Cannot do that now with my flatscreen. :hehe:

Years ago my Pomerainian, (that we got for free, found roaming the streets), fell off the bed and got a compound fracture of her back leg at 6:15 on a Sunday morning, when no vets are open that whole day (yes ... at one time in the 1700's there were 4 Pomerania's bordering Germany and Poland, N, E, S, and Central Pomerania ... where they have little fuzzy white attack dawgs) ... so we took her to Univ of Pa Vet Hospital, where it took $7000, and 11 stainless steel pins drilled through her leg, and and Erector Set brace, that needed to be cleaned 5 times per day, for 7 months, with cotton swabs and gauze, with hydrogen peroxide, to meticulously clean and stop infection where the pins went through her leg ... she later tore her ACL knee tendon, requiring another $2000 ... Now she tore her other ACL knee tendon, requiring another $2000 ... So this free dawg, now cost us $11,000, not including dental cleaning at $360 a pop every 2 years

My wife (married now) and I have a mainecoon cat named Ellis. 5 years old and weighs 20 pounds. Pictures for later.

Cheers

AJ

I had a pomeranian, but we got rid of the dog last year after my stepdad passed away, and we had to move. Here's a picture of her when the new owner brought her to visit for a while:
c9dd49352bd347e77a31bfd7a12371f2.jpg

We have 5. Three Scottish Terriers - a male (Jameson) and female (Skye) Wheatons and a female traditional black (Maggie Elise). Our little rescue on the left (Masie), we think is a West Highland/Chihuahua mix and our old man, a 14 yr old pug (Winston Churchill) who was sleeping and not available for photos..:hehe: The Scotties run from 2 - Skye, to 4 - Jameson in age. We are totally Scottie peeps and have more Scottie swag than we should have.
thekids.jpg

From left to right, Masie, Jameson, Maggie & Skye

JB

We have 5. Three Scottish Terriers - a male (Jameson) and female (Skye) Wheatons and a female traditional black (Maggie Elise). Our little rescue on the left (Masie), we think is a West Highland/Chihuahua mix and our old man, a 14 yr old pug (Winston Churchill) who was sleeping and not available for photos..:hehe: The Scotties run from 2 - Skye, to 4 - Jameson in age. We are totally Scottie peeps and have more Scottie swag than we should have.

From left to right, Masie, Jameson, Maggie & Skye

JB

Westies and a Scotty dog! We had a Westy named Maggie at one time many, years ago. Her best friend was a Siamese named Tiffany. They would rip through the house as they chased each other from room to room. It was funny to watch because the dog would be fast asleep and she would run over and give her a poke to get the chase going.

Then we got Jay-Jay a Scotty and a buddy Oliver a Westy. We had them both for over 17 years so your old guy has more than a few years. :D

They're great dogs, but boy was Jay-Jay stubborn. He would plop himself on the floor and it was like he had suction cups stuck to his bottom! He didn't play much as a pup either; very laid back and aloof. We used to kid that he liked to read the Ball Street Journal and look up at us with his glasses on the end of his nose!

They're definitely a playful breed of terriers and make wonderful companions.

There should be a SIG pet support group for those who have to eventually go through this pain of losing a pet ... I'm certain you gave him a long wonderful life

My condolence

I'm a great lover of cats of which Ive had quite a few over the years. They are my best mates and I get very attached to them. When its that time its very difficult to let go and really hurts. If you look at the ECML route just north of Alnmouth on the left hand side after the viaduct there is a house on its own next to the trackside. You will see myself and my Daughter and quite a few cats all around the house or on it and Ive named them all. These are all the cats Ive had over the years and a way I wish to remember them all.

Regards
Stuart
ECML Project Leader

I have Wren's ... Every year these little tiny baby boids' return to the same place they were born (our yard), from a warm winter all the way in Wenezuela ... I have 6 wren houses, all spread out all over the yard ... as they are nasty vicious wittle' boids', and scare off other boids' ... and they have barely any tail, and look like 2' long a teeny weeny cookoo clock boid', smaller than a hummingboid'... they peep a string of short notes: "chirpity' chirp chirp chirp bee bee bee beep" all day long ... and are quite annoying ! As they never STHU ! They fly in pairs, incessantly making hundreds of trips, one by one, into the woods, fetching wittle' baby green inchworrms for their insatiate hungry 5 baybeaze', and sometimes have multiple nests all summer long ... then suddenly one day all is silent ... and as fast as the wens' came ... the wen's up and went ... and nobody knows where da' wens' up and went to ? But their offspring return to our same yard, with a big woods, every year in late April... Talk about super homing pigeon GPS navigation !

The best part of wens' ... You don't have to go out and buy special high priced wen' foodz' ... they are insect and caterpillar eaters eaters, and find their own foodz

My condolences on your kat' ... and for all pet owners ... as when the quality of life wains, you know it is the right thing to do, and is the right time

My one black kat' is so big and fat, and eats insatiently, for he is quite bored, he has life in prison, indoors (as he is pure jet black, stalked, ate a red finch in the pure white snow, leaving a horrid bloody crime scene on the pristine white snow) he still try's his multiple daily escapes from Stallag 13, as he see's, and hears, all the dozens of boids' outside at our multiple boid' feeders :cool:

Last edited:
Just discovered this thread...

Anyway I have a cat name Princess because she basically acts like one, and she does enjoy sitting on computers, as soon as she find out it produces heat:hehe:

6A1DD77A87FE38F2627C3FA1FCE713A545CF1286

Last edited:
That's sweet!

Just a bit of caution though. Cats and static electricity go together hand-in-hand. They're full of fur and can be quite charged, which I found out the hard way as one of my cats zapped my relatively new keyboard, and killed it when she took up sleeping on my computer desk.

She also climbs up and sleeps on the mouse too when she comes into watch storm-chasing videos with me; she likes the windshield wipers flashing back and forth as well as the telephone poles speeding by.

That's sweet!

Just a bit of caution though. Cats and static electricity go together hand-in-hand. They're full of fur and can be quite charged, which I found out the hard way as one of my cats zapped my relatively new keyboard, and killed it when she took up sleeping on my computer desk.

She also climbs up and sleeps on the mouse too when she comes into watch storm-chasing videos with me; she likes the windshield wipers flashing back and forth as well as the telephone poles speeding by.
The computer had internal battery issues and recently its all drained from power that it won't boot up anymore, HDD, fan and LEDs and that's it. Screen is all blank with nothing.
Wasn't caused by my cat, just a faulty battery, but do want to thank you for heads up.

My cat doesn't like doing anything else except sitting on top of my desktop tower when its running, and having the desk lamp over herself to stay warm. She's something else

The computer had internal battery issues and recently its all drained from power that it won't boot up anymore, HDD, fan and LEDs and that's it. Screen is all blank with nothing.
Wasn't caused by my cat, just a faulty battery, but do want to thank you for heads up.

My cat doesn't like doing anything else except sitting on top of my desktop tower when its running, and having the desk lamp over herself to stay warm. She's something else

So much for the laptop. Take the battery out and boot it up; that sometimes helps.

I had an old Siamese cat that used to "bake" out on the deck. He'd let himself out the screen door by reach up and pulling the handle down, and then sleep on the picnic table. It would be so hot out there, you could feel the heat on your face like you've opened up an oven door, but he would be curled up on the table! We'd go out and drag him back in only to find he'd gone out there again. He lived quite some time so apparently the extra heat didn't bother him. He passed at nearly 24 years old after suffering a stroke. It was a sad day that was.

My three current felines rule the roost. Lilly is the storm watcher and enjoys coming up to watch the storms. She chases the wipers as they pass by the screen, looks behind the monitor to see where they went. Her sister Lulu is a bit more laid back and comes in to watch me practice the piano as if she's approving of my hard work. Then there's Sadie whose afraid of everything including the laser pointer! She spend most of her time in dad's lap unless one of us walk in the room. They're all getting a bit old now and will be 15 in June. Yikes! I don't want to think about that!

So much for the laptop. Take the battery out and boot it up; that sometimes helps.

I had an old Siamese cat that used to "bake" out on the deck. He'd let himself out the screen door by reach up and pulling the handle down, and then sleep on the picnic table. It would be so hot out there, you could feel the heat on your face like you've opened up an oven door, but he would be curled up on the table! We'd go out and drag him back in only to find he'd gone out there again. He lived quite some time so apparently the extra heat didn't bother him. He passed at nearly 24 years old after suffering a stroke. It was a sad day that was.

My three current felines rule the roost. Lilly is the storm watcher and enjoys coming up to watch the storms. She chases the wipers as they pass by the screen, looks behind the monitor to see where they went. Her sister Lulu is a bit more laid back and comes in to watch me practice the piano as if she's approving of my hard work. Then there's Sadie whose afraid of everything including the laser pointer! She spend most of her time in dad's lap unless one of us walk in the room. They're all getting a bit old now and will be 15 in June. Yikes! I don't want to think about that!

I did try to do that replace the internal battery, problem is its built-into the mother board so can't replace it like you can with a desktop, just pop it out.

I used to have 3 other ones, but sadly they all passed away :(
Tiger was a big lover, every time its sitting on your lap, he'll start purring up a storm, even if its 2am you'll have this purring sound that'll keep you awake
Patches was like a silk factory, she was a soft, but shy cat
Sugar was like the mom because she acted like a mom. With the toy mice, she would carry one meowing and placing it in front if you thinking you were hungry

They were all fun to be with, and sure am going to miss them

Back