Have you any pets?

Lol, I too have a keyboard kitty, Damions. He was originally my sister's cat, and she named him. Loves to lay on my keyboard when he wants attention, and sometimes on the tower, too. I can't find a picture of him laying there, though, but he loves the couch, too:

2pack by RRSignal, on Flickr

And here is my "4 pack" waiting to get fed:

4pack by RRSignal, on Flickr

Anyway I have a cat name Princess because she basically acts like one, and she does enjoy sitting on computers, as soon as she find out it produces heat:hehe:

6A1DD77A87FE38F2627C3FA1FCE713A545CF1286

As I type this, I've got this cat, Lucy in my lap.

IMG_0214_zpsd5anqywh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I had an old Siamese cat that used to "bake" out on the deck. He'd let himself out the screen door by reach up and pulling the handle down, and then sleep on the picnic table. It would be so hot out there, you could feel the heat on your face like you've opened up an oven door, but he would be curled up on the table! We'd go out and drag him back in only to find he'd gone out there again. He lived quite some time so apparently the extra heat didn't bother him. He passed at nearly 24 years old after suffering a stroke. It was a sad day that was.

We had another cat, named Emma, who also had a stroke. We put her down after taking her to the vet and finding out she had a stroke. She had it during the night so nobody was aware of it until the next morning. This cat, Daphnie, likes to lay among some small bushes in front of the concrete walkway and on the walkway itself that connects the driveway and the stairs to the front door. I say she's 'sunning' herself, as the our house faces west, so the sun ends up in front of the house from the afternoon until it sets. Recently she's gotten to the point to where anyone pulls into the driveway, she's there waiting on them, meowing like there's no tomorrow, which I call 'screaming', or 'pitching a fit'. Here she's sitting on the P.T. Cruiser in our driveway, meowing. She also likes to lay in my lap when I'm on the computer.

IMG_0408_zpstzshtdud.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tiger was a big lover, every time its sitting on your lap, he'll start purring up a storm, even if its 2am you'll have this purring sound that'll keep you awake
Sugar was like the mom because she acted like a mom. With the toy mice, she would carry one meowing and placing it in front if you thinking you were hungry

Daphnie, Lucy and also Figaro, also will lay in my lap when I'm on the computer. As for your cat, Sugar, carrying the toy mice around, replace it with Figaro, Punkin, and Lil' Bit, bringing in the occasional dead bird, chipmunk, or mole inside the house and that's what I have to deal with. The worst is when the 'presents' they bring in are alive. This results in a wild goose chase trying to catch the 'present' and get it back outside before one of them grabs it and does the 'fatal blow'.

Figaro:

IMG_0240_zpskf0wnpdt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Punkin:

IMG_0347_zpsfoci1iab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And Lil' Bit:

IMG_0200_zpsjriglvlt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

As I type this, I've got this cat, Lucy in my lap.

Aww just means that you have to pay some attention to me

We had another cat, named Emma, who also had a stroke. We put her down after taking her to the vet and finding out she had a stroke. She had it during the night so nobody was aware of it until the next morning. This cat, Daphnie, likes to lay among some small bushes in front of the concrete walkway and on the walkway itself that connects the driveway and the stairs to the front door. I say she's 'sunning' herself, as the our house faces west, so the sun ends up in front of the house from the afternoon until it sets. Recently she's gotten to the point to where anyone pulls into the driveway, she's there waiting on them, meowing like there's no tomorrow, which I call 'screaming', or 'pitching a fit'. Here she's sitting on the P.T. Cruiser in our driveway, meowing. She also likes to lay in my lap when I'm on the computer.

Remind me of Patches, she would be the living room waiting for me to come through the front door, then she would start meowing away

Daphnie, Lucy and also Figaro, also will lay in my lap when I'm on the computer. As for your cat, Sugar, carrying the toy mice around, replace it with Figaro, Punkin, and Lil' Bit, bringing in the occasional dead bird, chipmunk, or mole inside the house and that's what I have to deal with. The worst is when the 'presents' they bring in are alive. This results in a wild goose chase trying to catch the 'present' and get it back outside before one of them grabs it and does the 'fatal blow'.
lol, they just wanted to make sure that you are well fed :hehe:

Even if you hate me, even to those that have me on their ignore list ... I only ask that you ... Please send a prayer to my beloved best friend "Rail Dog" aka: Marley ... he has pancreatitis, and is very sick, and may have to go on heart medicine, Enalapril (which can be fatal, and eventually cause liver and kidney failure), it is only a treatment ... but nothing is a cure for old age, and congestive heart desease ... He is 12 ... and some Chihuahuas live to be 17 with severe heart, liver, and kidney failure ... This dog is going to be the death of me, as I will have an absolute stroke when he dies ... which is inevitable some day ... someday, everything passes away ... it is what it is, and take it for that, while it is here

He will be fed rinsed white rice, and boiled white meat chicken for the remainder of his life

As it turns out I was feeding him all the wrong high fat foods (ALPO wet canned dog food, with white un-rinsed rice, mixed with dark meat chicken (which is high in fat)

255.jpg

243.jpg

252.jpg

130.jpg

278.jpg

324.jpg

323.jpg

087.jpg

chihuahua-scuba-diver.jpg

Rejected by Trainordersdotcom because of blurriness (snobs) Raildog was there with me at age 8
227.jpg

Home made dog food:

Diabetes Dog Food: YUM ... It's what's fer' dinner !
water
white rice, (rinsed after cooking)
chana dal, (rinsed after cooking)
brown lentils, (rinsed after cooking)
black-eyed peas, (rinsed after cooking)
green split peas, (rinsed after cooking)
pearl barley, rinsed
boneless boiled white meat chicken breast, cut into ½-inch cubes
ground turkey
boiled white meat chicken breast
Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
frozen broccoli cuts
frozen crinkle cut carrots
frozen green beans
frozen chopped spinach

A food processor, can puree diluted dog food with water until it is a runny paste, and a plastic pet feeder syringe can infuse the chicken gruel into their mouth, being careful to take 15 min to express 3 tsp of the liquidy paste, so they do not aspirate

My next pet will be a Shoprite - Maine Lobster, for $6.99, and I will go out and buy a 300 gal long saltwater tank, and he will be my "Wet Pet" and I will feed him bloodworms, and name him "Rocky" or "Larry" ... and when he gets to be 35 lbs, I will return him to the sea, and dump him off in a bay, back in Maine

Marley is presently outside peeing on a big milkweed plant in the yard, ensuring that it grows big and strong !

Last edited:
I did say a prayer for him and wish both of you the best. Give him some pets from Yardley, PA.

Maybe for a treat he can have egg whites, if he likes them. The yolk of a hard-boiled egg is high in the potentially-bad stuff, but the whites aren't so bad.

R.I.P. Wynkin, R.I.P.

Well, last Friday (June 9th, 2017) Wynkin passed away. He was 14 years old. We are going to bury him in our backyard. However, every cloud has a silver lining, as the last time we buried a cat in our backyard, my mom and my sister brought home Linus and Lucy, who were still kittens at the time. It just so happens that when I mentioned that Wynkin died to one of my co-workers yesterday, she mentioned that there were some cats living behind the store. I went to investigate and found a mom and three kittens. When my mom came to pick me up from work, I asked her to come and take a look at them and use her Cat Whispering skills to get her opinion on them. She was given the nickname The Cat Whisperer by her co-workers for being able to successfully tame wild cats that live outdoors around their workplace and find homes for them. (Wynkin's mother Emma was one example. Wynkin also had a brother, Nodd, and a sister, Blynkin. We kept Emma, Wynkin and Nodd, but gave Blynkin to a friend. Emma and Nodd passed away a while ago, leaving Wynkin the last of his family.) My mom determined that the kittens at my workplace were about four months old, and were still being nursed by their mom. My mom decided that when we are able to catch them, we're going to give the mom to a friend and keep the kittens, as it'll be easier to get the cats we already have to get use to kittens than a full-grown cat. However, my dad was like "NO WAY!" That was until literally just a few seconds ago that my did relented and agreed to allow us to keep one or two. Then again, me and my mom went to Wal-Mart after church and already got some dry food for the rest of our cats, and some kitten food, even though my dad said no. So hopefully we'll have a few new additions to the family.

R.I.P. Wynkin, R.I.P.

IMG_0215_zpsr6nmow8g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Many, many years ago when my sister left where I live I got left with her Jack Russell wee dog. Had never bothered much with pets up until then and the dog got quite attached to me. Unfortunately it had to get put down due to illness and my parents who were then alive missed them as I did. Have owned this house and live in it myself along with Trainz (!) but oddly the other day came across an old picture of that dog "Chipper" and on a Dog Trust website seen one that looked very like it. Very tempting......!

I had to have my 12 y/o Chihauhua put down the other day, to end his suffering ... It has completely devastated me, of how quickly a "tad" of Pancreatitis, developed into full blown heart and lung congestive failure ... and I can't stop beating myself up, thinking that "what if I had only acted a few weeks earlier", "what if I could have prevented it by being more rigid in heartworm tablet missed doses", and "if I had yearly bloodwork done, and too few weeks earlier on may 23rd 2017, which was his missed yearly medical exam", and "if I had only shelled out over $1000 for electrocardiograms" ... etc ... etc ... that it would have been treatable ... Everyone says I am not to blame ... But I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever believe them, that I am not responsible ... I will take this guilt all the way to my grave, as I can never stop beating myself up over this ... as he was not just "the dog" ... but I allowed him to become my actual "son", my "boy", in canine form ... he was my actual heart and soul, my only meaning in life to keep on living. ... and I figured that I obsessively compulsively followed him around at least 5 times per day, 5 minutes each, to see that he was protected from hawks and pit bulls @ 109,500 times in 12 years, looking out the door and windows when he was outside. I have to keep on living for 7 more years until my Pomeranian - "Darby Dingo the Dingbat Dopey Dawg" is 14 (she only spins counterclockwise, 37 times at every meal, that we should have named her Nascar, as she has never made a right turn in her entire life), and for my 2 black cats named: "Thing 1 & Thing 2" (as they are constantly tearing up the house)

126.jpg

106.jpg

105.jpg

086.jpg

255.jpg

278.jpg

324.jpg

325.jpg

323.jpg

087.jpg

Last edited:
R.I.P Princess :'(

Today was one of the most saddest day. On the last day of the 4th of July weekend, Princess started to have kidney problems which caused her to become weak as he won't eat or drink anything. She was in so much pain that she couldn't walk a few feet without falling down. Tonight she was taken into the vet, which the vet didn't bring any good news and was then put to sleep to end her suffering. Rest in peace Princess. 1996-2018:'(

This was one of her favourite things was sitting computers to get heat during the cold winter days. Going to miss it:(

QymaBhh.jpg

Last edited:
A nice long life she had ... Unfortunately we don't take our pets weeks beforehand, before the pain gets so bad, and you can always see them spiraling downhill in their last months

I feel for you ... When my Chihuahua got Pancreatitus at age 12, I was unprepared for him to go, and I almost had a stroke, and beat myself up about all kinds of things that I could have done to prolong his life ... He had another bout of not eating/drinking the prior year at age 11, but recooperated

You will get trough it ... but never truly get over it ... treasure the decades of memories

Today was one of the most saddest day. On the last day of the 4th of July weekend, Princess started to have kidney problems which caused her to become weak as he won't eat or drink anything. She was in so much pain that she couldn't walk a few feet without falling down. Tonight she was taken into the vet, which the vet didn't bring any good news and was then put to sleep to end her suffering. Rest in peace Princess. 1996-2018:'(

This was one of her favourite things was sitting computers to get heat during the cold winter days. Going to miss it:(

QymaBhh.jpg

My 16 year old cat Cougar was put to sleep last year and even though I still miss him it's been easier on me

Dang. The losses aren't fun, my sympathies to all.
Lost my Siamese-mix kitty, Brenna, last year. I was surprised how many years we'd been together.
Enjoyed the shared pictures.

Have a blind diabetic toy poodle who has sat next to me through 15 years of Trainz modelling. Smartest dog I've ever had, and probably knows more about NSWGR than me.

Phil

R.I.P. Figaro

Last night we lost another one of our cats. This time it was our oldest, Figaro. He started showing signs on Monday, but by the time my Mom came home to see what was going on, all the local vets had closed. My Dad took him to the vet yesterday, and before my Dad finished filling out the paperwork, Figaro was already taken back by the vet. It was discovered he had chest congestion and low white blood cells. There was a chance of Feline Leukemia, but at the time the results for that was not back, and the vet said if he did have Feline Leukemia, to put him down. We have previous experience with Feline Leukemia, as we once had a pure bred female, blue-point Himalayan named Keisha, over twenty years ago, who we ended putting down. We've got an old picture of me, my sister, and Keisha sitting on my Mom's bed, the night before we put her down. Anyway, here's a picture of Figaro.
IMG_0240_zpskf0wnpdt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]

Worth mentioning is that he's the second pet to pass away this month, as my Mom lost her pet Guinea Pig, Freida. Mom would take Freida to school with her and would stay in the classroom during the weekdays when school's going on and would bring her home for the weekends and whenever school wasn't going on.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to post that we lost another cat, Daphne, after losing Wynkin.

Last edited:
Back