"Fictional" W.I.P Conrail Murphy Mountain District: Gheen to Brown.

robertkl

What you doin in me swamp
Hello all. I started a fictional route featuring Conrail, The names came from some of my favorite things in my life, Murphy is a little small town near where I live. Gheen being a last name of a close friend. And Brown, in memory of the 2 teen brothers that I knew that passed away in a car wreck near my house on Nov 5 2015. There will be 2 towns in the route with there first names. 5 Branches, 3 operational. 1 Coal mine, 1 Powerplant, and one Grain mill. 50+ miles of Single track mainline, with occasional 4000-9000' ft sidings. 2 main yards, 2-3 smaller 4-7 track yards. 3 industrial spurs, Steep Grades. and a lot more.

NE Gheens Siding (4,000') With the Coal Branch cutting off the siding.

SE Gheens siding. (Was going to start the route here but decided to make a decent size yard instead)

Here is the coal branch that goes back 6 odd some miles to the mine. This branch has some gnarly grades, so only 4-axle units can go on it, hauling 50-70 cars of loaded coal, you need a lot of howling Geeps to make it out.

Here is where the route starts! After leaving Gheen, you go up mountain from there. I havent got any scenery or texture yet. Want to find a lot more of Pofig's Speed trees, textures and Buildings.
Here I used JS HD Seamless textures, And I love them!

More Screenshots to come. Any feedback and any tips are welcomed and encouraged.

Last edited:
I noticed by your train stops that TANE is not your intended sim. But, just for the sake of information and argument, IF TANE is a factor most pofig speedtrees are currently useless until corrected (if at all).

If TANE is not even on the radar, go nuts.

I will be looking forward to adding this route to my collection as I love the Conrail flag too. (TS12)

I plan on staying away from TANe, But plan on getting TS12 once I upgrade my PC.
Couple more shot, NS 9-1-1 crossing the Wintergreen River.

9-1-1 going by Ian's siding and Ian's yard. Thats where I stopped this evening. Ian was one of the teens I went to school with that passes away in November.

Last edited:
Finally got the 14+ track yard done. I failed at making the Power ladder.
Gheen's Yard. Beginning of route.

After fooling with that for 3 some odd hours I decided to put my artistic skills to work with texturing, I think it came out good. what do you guys think?

Thanks Matt! I didn't do any work on the route today, A buddy of mine has made same custom content that he wants me to test out and put in the route. Expect some more screenshot in the next day or so.

Your texturing looks great! Your trackwork looks pretty good too. I would encourage you not to get discouraged if you don't succeed right away at doing what you want to... I said I was "done" laying tracks for my route about 2 years ago but I still occasionally tweak things here and there. Super job on what you've got there.

Thanks, and yeah, I happened to shy away from the RF&P route. And that was a Dem route. The hardest part about this route is getting the texture down on such large map. I plan on having a base texture then work from their.

Back