Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you guess the next key feature for Trainz?

Speaking as a third-party tool developer: How about something similar to the Trainz Mesh Importer program, that allows for data-driven route construction via XML files describing terrain, splines, static object placement, and so on?

Also, I am very much looking forward to the Model Railroad additions...

Regards,
    -Mike
    Last edited by ModelerMJ; February 5th, 2016 at 10:19 AM.

I go along with both of Will0065's suggestions. A proper manual which covers a degree of detail unlike the current manual which does little more than explain where to find the menus and what each entry provides. Link in a few realistic examples perhaps some attached videos as third party and payware sites have to promote their add-on's. If you are not sure where to start sift through this forum and catalog what people are asking for help with.

Oh, Will0065's second suggestion, how to loose some weight of cause, perhaps some real track laying. Peter

SP1 was a great improvement on the first release of TANE. If we are talking about an SP2 update, I would like to see the ability to add track and trackside structures in real time. OK go all the way and do away with surveyor and combine real-time construction in driver mode. Now that would be an update... Moving people and traffic and all...

Test track working with steam locomotives.

Blog Entries

Hello,

Not sure what you're asking ...

Suggestions,

Or, are we to guess what's on the pictures ... ?

Nevertheless -- New Trainz focuses:

Landscaping Tools

&

Interactive Industries

Both topics at the suggestion in detail!

Kind Regards
    Ish

Manchester, IA (temporarily); Ann Arbor, MI (normally)
    Blog Entries

Well if the picture is anything to go by, a focus on physics?

peter
    ~Peter

Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

That picture represents the AI driver confused in what direction to go. NEXT this way....NEXT that way.....NEXT stop and think about it......
    With Interlocking Towers, I think they are going to pursue more user AI driver control, paths and decisions, in complex crossovers to get the driver
    going where directed.
    Last edited by roca999; February 5th, 2016 at 10:49 AM.

Finally an (optional) business model in TRAINZ! i say "optional" because I know there has been an equally vociferous group over the years who have been against that idea. Way before TRAINZ, even way before PC's there was Model Railroader magazine. Back in the 50's or 60's they had a series on "Card order operation for Trains." I would like to see something of that type here. I've never been able to get my head around what Trainz does have along those lines. Maybe my fault, or maybe as posted earlier in this thread we need more detailed wiki's (on lots of subjects!).

Lower cost, even free, activities

United Kingdom, West Midlands, Gnosall Staffordshire

Looks like AI combined with Physics to me?
    Malc

Quote Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post
    Test track working with steam locomotives.
    Very important !!!!!

If Trainz is going to maintain its place in the market, and not lose a huge share to the emerging EEP sim, it needs to firm up its signalling. Trainz is sloppy in this area - whereas EEP is so rock solid you can run the game almost as a signalman.

I wish.

Blog Entries

I think we need to think more high level instead of getting bogged down in details. I like PerRock's observation of the image. Either a better / different Physics or a new way to control AI trains.

Or better dressed drivers?

70337:
    T:ANE SP2 build 88348 and TS12 SP1 HF4 build 61388 | Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Default Improve our playtime with the following features:

1. Return of the ENGINE SHED with PAINT SHOP and SERVICE SHEDs, complete with functional service yard for diesel and steam, turntable, etc.

2. HUMP YARD, complete with graphically functional control tower interior.

This would help turn TRAINZ into a more realistic operational railroad. I would fund new Kickstarter campaigns for these BIG EXPANSIVE new features.

Thanks!

Casimir

United States of America, Floatin' Along the Delaware River
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Perchpole View Post
    If Trainz is going to maintain its place in the market, and not lose a huge share to the emerging EEP sim, it needs to firm up its signalling. Trainz is sloppy in this area - whereas EEP is so rock solid you can run the game almost as a signalman.

I wish.
    Agreed. I've been trying to do my part towards this goal. I had hoped for more of a dispatcher's module along the lines of Train Dispatcher or something of that sort. Or, at least, the APIs to create one.

I would like to see a sort of "air traffic control" system, similar to that of FSX, for trains. Not just a purely signal-based system either, but one with radio communication, an announcement-reply system, etc. I'm hoping that might be on the radar for the next Trainz, even if it's not the next big thing.
    Eat More Popsicles.