Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Can you guess the next key feature for Trainz?

United Kingdom, West Midlands, Gnosall Staffordshire

Looks like I got a bargain then?
    Malc

United States of America, Ohio, Lancaster

A CTC dispatcher view would be great for multiplayer sessions.

Railfan Mode!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wholbr View Post
    The foregoing is not to say that those upgrades are not important to its ongoing users. However, the market is formed and developed on earlier versions and in the case of Trainz it always has been and always will be a limited niche market. Therefore, N3V will always be reliant on regular income from the limited number of users there are within the Trainz franchise if the application is to be maintained with any financial certainty into the future.

So, subscription may well be the only way to even remotely guarantee the future of Trainz...
    Wow, I'm confused...

If the "niche" community is so committed to shelling out however much "subscription" money somebody out there deems appropriate from year to year, then why did N3V feel compelled to release a DRM-free version of T:ANE in the first place? I would think that this is a move in the opposite direction of subscription-based services.

I know...make beta testers pay to play, and see how far that gets ya...
    Joel

I would like to see a more user feindly content manger like in 2012 but with the capabilities of tane.
    Second would be a repaint shop for everyone to make their own railroads and companies.
    Third and this is out there a condensed guide for any one to be able to make content from mid to high level trainz from the ground up so that trainz can out pace Train Simulator with an incredible amount of high level content for users to choose and if they can't find it they can make it.
    Lead, Follow, Or get the **** out of the way -​Hugh "Polar Bear" Rowland
    My website: https://sites.google.com/site/gwinsplace/

Quote Originally Posted by cressjl View Post
    Wow, I'm confused...

If the "niche" community is so committed to shelling out however much "subscription" money somebody out there deems appropriate from year to year, then why did N3V feel compelled to release a DRM-free version of T:ANE in the first place? I would think that this is a move in the opposite direction of subscription-based services.

I know...make beta testers pay to play, and see how far that gets ya...
    I think beta testers have already payed to play the minute they start building or buying 1000 to 3000 dollar gaming machines to run a simulator not to mention they test for free as a hobby in the little free time they have. Cause I don't think someone can beta test a simulator with a stock desktop or laptop from walmart. To beta test you need a decent machine.
    Lead, Follow, Or get the **** out of the way -​Hugh "Polar Bear" Rowland
    My website: https://sites.google.com/site/gwinsplace/

Quote Originally Posted by constar261 View Post
    I think beta testers have already payed to play the minute they start building or buying 1000 to 3000 dollar gaming machines to run a simulator not to mention they test for free as a hobby in the little free time they have. Cause I don't think someone can beta test a simulator with a stock desktop or laptop from walmart. To beta test you need a decent machine.
    Wow, I read my quoted comment in your post and think, "What a jerk!" Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as snippy...

At the same time, I can't really understand why a beta tester would need a better computer system than a savvy player...

I'll just simply go on record to state clearly that I will never be an Office365 customer, nor will I ever be a subscriber to any software even though I may choose to shell out money to upgrade yearly (my choice, not some bonehead company's...). Oh, and I won't let anyone mark my forehead or hand with the number of the Beast either!
    Joel

Blog Entries

I'll just simply go on record to state clearly that I will never be an Office365 customer, nor will I ever be a subscriber to any software even though I may choose to shell out money to upgrade yearly (my choice, not some bonehead company's...).
    why do people have to make such a public fetish of what they don't want to do. So you won't subscribe or use some software, fine.
    Last edited by martinvk; March 2nd, 2016 at 02:47 PM.

70337:
    T:ANE SP2 build 88348 and TS12 SP1 HF4 build 61388 | Win7 SP1 64 bit, i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz 16 GB, GTX 870M

Blog Entries

why did N3V feel compelled to release a DRM-free version of T:ANE in the first place?
    Hello,

And how happy I am that they did, simply because T12 taddeaom is a demon that hurted me at nights when every second of the day it kept calling N3V Serves!

DRM-Free means freedom!!! --- no more calling N3V servers!

Oh, man, was that such a headache with T12, on a serious note!!!

Regards
    Ish

Quote Originally Posted by martinvk View Post
    why do people have to make such a public fetish of what they don't want to do. So you won't subscribe or use some software, fine...What does this mythology have to do with Trainz, unless you mean this engine?
    Kindhearted response, right there...

"Personal business model," "life strategy," "conviction," "commitment,"...there are a whole skew of exceedingly better descriptions than "fetish." There are a whole lot of people who agree with me, I'm sure.

Scheduled software upgrades force a company to be aggressive in creating change that customers both want and need. Subscriptions, on the other hand, tend to generate indifference.
    Joel

Deleted - ignore pls
    Last edited by RW912; November 15th, 2016 at 03:35 AM.