Can you guess the next key feature for Trainz?

Wow, I'm confused...

If the "niche" community is so committed to shelling out however much "subscription" money somebody out there deems appropriate from year to year, then why did N3V feel compelled to release a DRM-free version of T:ANE in the first place? I would think that this is a move in the opposite direction of subscription-based services.

I know...make beta testers pay to play, and see how far that gets ya...

I think beta testers have already payed to play the minute they start building or buying 1000 to 3000 dollar gaming machines to run a simulator not to mention they test for free as a hobby in the little free time they have. Cause I don't think someone can beta test a simulator with a stock desktop or laptop from walmart. To beta test you need a decent machine.

I think beta testers have already payed to play the minute they start building or buying 1000 to 3000 dollar gaming machines to run a simulator not to mention they test for free as a hobby in the little free time they have. Cause I don't think someone can beta test a simulator with a stock desktop or laptop from walmart. To beta test you need a decent machine.
Wow, I read my quoted comment in your post and think, "What a jerk!" Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as snippy...

At the same time, I can't really understand why a beta tester would need a better computer system than a savvy player...

I'll just simply go on record to state clearly that I will never be an Office365 customer, nor will I ever be a subscriber to any software even though I may choose to shell out money to upgrade yearly (my choice, not some bonehead company's...). Oh, and I won't let anyone mark my forehead or hand with the number of the Beast either! :cool:

I'll just simply go on record to state clearly that I will never be an Office365 customer, nor will I ever be a subscriber to any software even though I may choose to shell out money to upgrade yearly (my choice, not some bonehead company's...).
why do people have to make such a public fetish of what they don't want to do. So you won't subscribe or use some software, fine.

Last edited:
why did N3V feel compelled to release a DRM-free version of T:ANE in the first place?

Hello, :wave:

And how happy I am that they did, simply because T12 taddeaom is a demon that hurted me at nights when every second of the day it kept calling N3V Serves!

DRM-Free means freedom!!!:p --- no more calling N3V servers!

Oh, man, was that such a headache with T12, on a serious note!!!

Regards
Ish

why do people have to make such a public fetish of what they don't want to do. So you won't subscribe or use some software, fine...What does this mythology have to do with Trainz, unless you mean this engine?
Kindhearted response, right there...

"Personal business model," "life strategy," "conviction," "commitment,"...there are a whole skew of exceedingly better descriptions than "fetish." There are a whole lot of people who agree with me, I'm sure.

Scheduled software upgrades force a company to be aggressive in creating change that customers both want and need. Subscriptions, on the other hand, tend to generate indifference.

Back