QR (Queensland Rail) Locos, Rolling Stock, Passenger Coaches, CitiTrain Network

Roy3b3

Do you know?,...

Are there any QR Locos, Rolling Stock, Passenger Coaches or Electric CitiTrain Network units with 3ft 6in (1067cm) track gauge available, either on the DLS or, on any Payware sites and meeting T:ANE standards. I'd be pleased to find out.

I'm trying to complete a Queensland route with what's obviously available and I'd like to do that with the correct gauge. Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,
Roy3b3

Willem2 did a few items in both SG and NG and i think NSWGR_46class did a DH class. I have been working on maps for QLD with the correct rails now for a while. It now comes down to what age maps your looking at doing as to what other items are out there. I know there are some re-gauged C-17s on the DLS under my username. There is also Red Fred RM55 on the DLS by PEV. Hope they help.

Ghosty

Talking about QR search also author Alcaron i have downloaded his Robe river version and he has QR engines and rolling stock for freight and passenger service you might find something usefull there.

Thanks guys,
Most QR units by Willem2, alby6, Alcaron, have used STD Gauge in most of their models.
I'm really looking for QR EMU, SMU, IMU models for the Brisbane CityTrain Network using 3ft 6in track gauge. But, if no one has modelled these particular items in that gauge by now, then I'll opt for STD Gauge rail for my Qld route instead and not worry about it. If they appear in the future, then I'll swap the track over then.
Cheers,
Roy3b3

Can anyone Help

I am currently working on getting the QR trains in TANE and was wondering if anyone has created a version of the QR ICE.

I haven't lived in brisbane for a while and I am wondering if the Kuraby to Coopers Plains section of the Beenleigh line is Bi-Directional?

A look on Google Maps indicates it may well have 4 lines running between Kuraby and Coopers Plains - would by all indications be bi-directional.

Has anyone got a Script that will stop the QR Crossings animation to stop looping. I have placed them on my layout and they continually loop the booms either closing or opening. The traffic stops when the train approaches the crossing however the animation doesn't.

Has anyone got a Script that will stop the QR Crossings animation to stop looping. I have placed them on my layout and they continually loop the booms either closing or opening. The traffic stops when the train approaches the crossing however the animation doesn't.

Shane: I noticed the continuous 'looping' on the QR Crossings when I built my "Redcliffe Line". You will find that the crossings are adjustable to suit different environments. Do a left-click on the Properties "?" and it opens up to a variety of options. I had to 'option-out' of the boom gates on my route because of the constant looping.
I'm also still looking around for some good quality 3ft6in QR EMU, IMU or SMU to run on the route without raising a 'Red Bug'. If and when that happens, I'll change the STD track gauge over.
I was even tempted to run a few 3ft6in NZR FP Matangi on it in the meantime.
Cheers,
Roy3b3

Shane: I noticed the continuous 'looping' on the QR Crossings when I built my "Redcliffe Line". You will find that the crossings are adjustable to suit different environments. Do a left-click on the Properties "?" and it opens up to a variety of options. I had to 'option-out' of the boom gates on my route because of the constant looping.
I'm also still looking around for some good quality 3ft6in QR EMU, IMU or SMU to run on the route without raising a 'Red Bug'. If and when that happens, I'll change the STD track gauge over.
I was even tempted to run a few 3ft6in NZR FP Matangi on it in the meantime.
Cheers,
Roy3b3

I haven't seen the emu or smu's in the 3ft6in gauge. Do u know if anyone has better emu, imu, ice and smu sets. I am using the versions from the download station however the smu u is bigger then the emu and i havent found the ICE.

I haven't seen the emu or smu's in the 3ft6in gauge. Do u know if anyone has better emu, imu, ice and smu sets. I am using the versions from the download station however the smu u is bigger then the emu and i havent found the ICE.

Shane: No I haven't seen them either mate. When I built the route, the only QR EMU, IMU or SMU's available were STD gauge and not 3'6" gauge. That is why my route has STD gauge and unfortunately I don't have the skills necessary to create or modify models. If you do happen to come across something of value, please let me know. Cheers,
Roy

The SMU's used in the supplied sessions are old stuff by some else, with additions (with permission) by me.

Unfortunately I later found that they are seriously out of scale. A three car set is supposed to be 75m long where these are closer to 90m. Hence the passengers look small inside, along with other problems. I have re-scaled some experimental ones but I am not happy to release them as there a quite a few build errors that need fixing, plus I can't get the poly count reduction tricks to work.

I have done quite a few bogey re-gaugings to 3ft 6in. Some of the QR rolling stock in TANE was re-gauged by me at the request of the original creator..(years ago)

Also, I've not found any script errors in the SMU's I am using.

The SMU's used in the supplied sessions are old stuff by some else, with additions (with permission) by me.

Unfortunately I later found that they are seriously out of scale. A three car set is supposed to be 75m long where these are closer to 90m. Hence the passengers look small inside, along with other problems. I have re-scaled some experimental ones but I am not happy to release them as there a quite a few build errors that need fixing, plus I can't get the poly count reduction tricks to work.

I have done quite a few bogey re-gaugings to 3ft 6in. Some of the QR rolling stock in TANE was re-gauged by me at the request of the original creator..(years ago)

Also, I've not found any script errors in the SMU's I am using.

Hi Peter, Great work mate. We all know it takes time and I appreciate that. It doesn't hurt for us to be patient - good things come in the end.

Cheers,
Roy

Back