Single Board Layout....Old Glasgow Tramway.

hotgrove

Tram,bus,canal boat and rail all done with portals on a single board.

Quite a few negatives with collisions aplenty....a traffic region was troublesome to add so i only include it on a single stretch of road.....basically a stand back and watch route.....will try and get a video up in a few weeks.

I'll start with some overheads.

2mzbh2x.jpg
wu0x9t.jpg
2gsmscp.jpg
2075pp3.jpg
2lncpok.jpg
2qsruon.jpg
2j4rio5.jpg
15cebo6.jpg
35b8t3p.jpg
ohscr4.jpg

Last edited:
What a great job hotgrove and so beautifully detailed down to the tiniest item - Fantastic work!

Cheers,
Roy3b3

Hi hotgrove :wave: I note that you only have TS2009 so I'm guessing that you are not able to upload this lovely route to the DLS. Are you considering sharing it somewhere else?

I checked the DLS and found your Small Town route and downloaded it into TS12SP1HF4 without any errors or missing content.

I was then able to save it and export it into TANE

TANE 80349

It has been quite awhile since I messed with trams and such but I was able to putt around the layout and have some fun.

Thanks for that! :D I hope you will find some way to share your new routes/sessions.

Hi norm....thanks for the positive feedback....my god that old "small town" route takes me back.....it was one of my early efforts and i think it was littered with errors....i wasn't too adept at route building back then.....i think i have a better handle on things nowadays....i remember parts of it being ugly such as the overhead wiring.

I've been away for about a year and never knew i couldn't upload with Ts2009....I previously started a bigger Glasgow tram route but left it alone.I wanted to do this single board layout and fill out every square metre of space to see how the overhead shots would turn out.....i'm happy with some of the results but i think i could have done a bit better.....hindsight eh ?

Some of the work was painstaking but i got there.....there are no blank adjoining baseboards to house the portals....they are all buried underground giving the impression of working tram and bus depots...the canal barge and rail portals are tucked away at the edges.

I set up a session about 4 months ago and would be more than happy to share this with anybody that wanted it but there is a list of negatives to put up with, which on hindsight i should have done better with...i have some more screenies to put up and hopefully try and get a video done.....if i'm able to upload it i will do.....thanks for the nice comments folks.

A tram heads under a row of factory buildings en route for the depot.

2hdwi2w.jpg

Climbing into the back of the depot from below and out into the street.

2pov5ax.jpg

Same method with the buses....into the back end of the depot and out into the street.

1zvdhde.jpg

Last edited:
Back