Cab Mode Options Not Present?

Mercury5979

I've tried starting sessions in the Season Town Route and Milwaukee Rd. It seems no matter what session I chose, I'm not offered the choice between Easy Mode and Realistic mode. I don't find the easy mode of control much fun. How do I play these routes in realistic mode? I can't find any information on this anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Dunno which version you're talking about. I don't have TANF but for 2010 and 12, upper right corner of the menu bar, click user rules menu, then quick drive to bring up the menu which allows you to change assorted settings including CAB vs DCC. Unless the session creator locked that out somehow, in which case you'll have to edit the session in surveyor then edit the session rules to unlock whatever he locked.

Mercury --

I'm assuming this is a built-in payware route and session?

If so the creator has the option of prohibiting changes to time, season, Cab/DCC ... . Yes, I agree, it's a bummer.

Can you edit the session? Or is this locked down too?

Yes, these routes are paid for content which came with the TANE Deluxe Edition I preordered over a year ago. Basically, it sounds like you're saying a content developer decided not to enable a feature which is supposed to be part of the game. I've been so disappointed in this waste of money...

I can edit the session, but it forces me to save it as a new session, so it's essentially a clone. Even when I played my clone, it still didn't give me the option despite me enabling it in the Surveyor edit.

Oh well, back to Dovetail's TS2016.

Thanks for responding.

Mercury --

I'm assuming this is a built-in payware route and session?

If so the creator has the option of prohibiting changes to time, season, Cab/DCC ... . Yes, I agree, it's a bummer.

Can you edit the session? Or is this locked down too?

" ... it sounds like you're saying a content developer decided not to enable a feature which is supposed to be part of the game."

Well, in my case certainly not the "content developer" but more N3V.

The Deluxe T:ANE contains one of my layouts (the Bidye Traction) plus sessions. I left them all open for edit and I'd certainly prefer that all players are able to edit, modify, ... both the layout and the sessions.

However N3V in their wisdom decided that this was not to be.

Phil

I just took a look at the Milwaukee Road Avery-Drexel route and it starts by default as DCC (easy mode), however, clicking on Quick Drive brings down the options to drive in Cab mode.

So what's the complaint?

Mercury5979 - the gentlemen above are correct: You can choose to play any of the aforementioned sessions by clicking on the book icon up on the top right of the menu bar and choosing 'Quick Drive' and then your preferred Driver Mode.
Though the payware sessions may default to Easy mode , you can very easily change it to 'Realistic mode' and play the session accordingly.

I have the similar problem with session of C&O Hinton Sub. When I started this, there was a Quick Drive option. But when I run this session from "saved point" this option is not there anymore. It's bad because althought I run it as saved session, it starts with DCC (easy) mode. I've no idea how to switch DCC mode to realistic if run saved session. Only option is to start from begininng which sucks.

Back