Any Mega Routes?

Did anyone mention the Romanian Mega Route to you. Its Romanian payware, very long and very good but only Ts 12 . Cheers

I have a suggestion for a mega route: Heartbeat Revisited. It depicts the railways of the North Yorkshire coast in the late 40s and 50s before most of the network was closed in 1958. Here's a map with annotations:
Of course, being set in the fifties means it's out of the time period, but of course IMO the steam era was more fun. ;) Not sure if it classifies as a main line either, TBH. But it's big.
Here's a screenshot, taken at Staithes Viaduct:
BTW I have been to most of the places this route depicts and most of it is pretty much spot on- Pickering, Grosmont, Goathland and the stations north of Whitby are the standouts. Scarborough looks nothing like the real Scarborough, same for Middlesbrough, but they're massive towns (cities?) so I can forgive.
Newcastle? Whitby? Scarborough? Malton? York? Pickering? Those are names of places in Ontario!

sorry to revive this, but anyone able to help me find electrified UK routes in either TANE or TS12? :)
also I love the UMR routes and Roys CP route :)

BTW, the route EUtogether V1 for TS12 reached more then 1500 downloads, with very rare cuirosity, that session EUtogether V1 se Cars has more then 50% downloads ( 756 downloads). It seems that it's adequate for a lot of Trainzers. I'm very happy.

Last edited:
BTW, the route EUtogether V1 for TS12 reached more then 1500 downloads, with very rare cuirosity, that session EUtogether V1 se Cars has more then 50% downloads ( 756 downloads). It seems that it's adequate for a lot of Trainzers. I'm very happy.
Yes I really enjoy this route, may I ask what the electric route at the start is called?

At the risk of hijacking the thread.....

@Celje
I disagree for a few reasons.

Notably among them, 1: there are other types of operations besides *just Industry management* that trainz provides that I feel you're overlooking. Iportalling, Multiplayer, Switching puzzles, Timetable scheduling etc etc. All of which either can work just as well on smaller routes, or in some cases work better on smaller routes.

2: Making larger routes is a pain, which is why threads like this exist, because finding them is hard to do they're so few and far between.

3: Computer/Hardware requirements. Though the trend of course will always be for bigger and better, we're not to a point yet where super routes are likely to dominate a Sim's repertoire. We're getting there, but we ain't there yet.

That all said, at face value, I could add that you're ultimately correct, in that eventually where I see this heading is a program on a computer capable of just Downloading 3D Google Maps and generating its environment right from that. But again, we ain't there yet, I expect at least another 1-2 decades if not more before that kind of functionality is available. And thats assuming things like Google Earth continues to increase what basically amounts to its detail resolution.

-Falcus

Back