Any Mega Routes?

Trainmaster189

I'm actually no longer interested in short routes and layouts (except Kickstarter Country in T:ANE, Wassen-Gotthard from oliver-trainz.ch, and Modellbahn04 SC) and I'm getting into mega routes (both real & fictional) besides the T:ANE built-ins (e.g. 70s ECML). My main preferences for Trainz content are mostly anything from the US (mainly modern, some 50s), Germany (mainly 70s-present), and the UK (mainly 80s-present). My other preferences are Canadian (modern), Swiss, Austrian, Italian, Australian (modern), Kiwi/NZ, Japanese (Shinkansen only), Russian, and Chinese.

Mega Routes I only know so far are:
1. "WM & B&O Mega Route" (by jrfolco)
2. "Cologne Hbf to Dortmund Hbf" (John514) - WIP
3. full Northeast Corridor (Flusi737) - Cancelled due to payware content mixed in it
4. NS Pittsburgh Sub (scratchy) - WIP
5. PRR Horseshore Curve Route (cascaderailroad) - WIP
6. BNSF Clovis Sub (Dermmy)
7. Routes from Pro Train Perfect 2 (Blue Sky Interactive) - payware
8. Electro Island routes - (pagroove)
9. Schwäninger Land - (fictional modern German route by trainzmultiplayer.de) - WIP - Recently added 4/23/2016
10. Rhine Valley - (modern German route by Join Together Trainz/JTG) - WIP - Recently added 4/23/2016

Regular or "Close to mega" routes I know are:
6. NS Reading Line
7. NEC Wilmington - Philadelphia (Trainz 12 built-in) - No longer interested in this version.
8. Marias Pass X (HP Trainz) - payware
9. Norfolk and Western - Appalachian Coal (Trainz 12 built-in)
10. Ostalgie II and Ostalgie II (Epoch V)
11. "Bad Schandau - Decin" (HP Trainz, Trainz 2007-2010 built in) - I had a short lived interest in Czech trains, but I'm more into "all-German" routes
12. UMR 2015
13. NS Route (from RRMods)
14. NS Chicago Line (from Trainz NS Railz)
15. Southern China (Trainz 12 built-in)
16. Balezino - Motsi (Trainz 12 built-in)
17. Midshire Mainline
18. Rosworth Vale (Trainz 2006-Trainz 2010 built-in)
19. West Coastal
20. Sherman Hill - (TrainzItalia)

So does anyone know any other mega routes out there? I honestly don't care what era or region the routes are in, so feel free to mention any of them here and I'll take a look.

Last edited:
There is my Port Ogden & Northern for TS12 that may work in T:ANE (I just have not got round to checking it yet).

It's fictitious, extensive with a wide variety of scenery.

Actually, I could say exactly the same about IndustRail.

I've seen that one before, but I found some similar freeware versions which are all called, "MBC" by doug56 which I can find here. - http://www.doug56.net/MBC/

I do like Canadian Pacific, but I just don't like Hunter Harrison running it, especially with his evil plans of taking over NS.

You might try the Cumberland to Harpers Ferry route. It's not as large as the WM & B&O Mega Route. It has app. 360 miles of mainline track. I'm presently working on the Harpers Ferry to Baltimore route, which I plan to merge with the Cumberland to Harpers Ferry toward the end of this year. I'm planning to call it the Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route. Information on both routes is on my web site.

Joe

You might try the Cumberland to Harpers Ferry route. It's not as large as the WM & B&O Mega Route. It has app. 360 miles of mainline track. I'm presently working on the Harpers Ferry to Baltimore route, which I plan to merge with the Cumberland to Harpers Ferry toward the end of this year. I'm planning to call it the Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route. Information on both routes is on my web site.

Joe

Thanks! :D

I also just found the T:ANE version of your Cumberland to Connellsville route and I'm downloading both of them right now! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread I had forgotten that I had not tried getting Dermmy's Clovis Sub West into TANE (http://checkrail.com/) which at 120 miles almost qualifies as a mega route.

Which also reminded me of his Eastern Kentucky which doesn't quite qualify as a mega route

You're welcome!

I'm just trying to find perfect mega routes, mainly the mainline based ones because I'm getting into realistic railroad/railway operation and traveling long distances.

Take a look at Dave Snow's two rather large routes - his Ozark Valley and Cotton Belt, both of which can give you a long run with a bit of switching too.

You can merge routes together, you know, to create an even larger route if you want. I did that with the East Kentucky route plus Dave Snow's Ozark Valley plus 5 others including Jointed Rail's Midwest Grain, Deremmy's Evansville & Western, and George Fishers Indiana Western and Waseeka routes.

This route gives me about 5 hours or more of long distance driving plus switching. There are about 20 or so AI drivers running the various freights while I'll go off and do some colliery work on the East Kentucky, or switch some trains on the Evansville if I feel like it.

John

Back