NSW Sydney Metro South

PGibbons

I'm just in the process of adding the East Hills line to my Sydney Metro layout. So far Ive included most of the southern sections including:
City Circle, Central, Redfern, western line to Parramatta, freight lines from Port Botany to Chullora depot linking south to the Sydney South Freight line and to the north at North Strathfield. Metro Light Rail from Dulwich Hill to CBD. Bankstown line, main south line to Liverpool and south to join up with my Picton layout and the rest. All suburban commuter stations are included.
I havnt included a lot of suburban scenery but just enough around the stations for my liking. The layout is mainly designed for those more interested in operations than nice looking scenery. Ive also included several Portals and have tested most of the layout with up to 20 consists running successfully.

I'm waiting for TANE to stabilise so I can finalise the layout and include any new TANE functionality, hope that wont be too far away.

Watch this space,
PG

Sydney Metro has progressed a lot since that first post in 2016.

Now includes
Airport Line, Port Botany container terminal, Main West to Penrith, Carlingford, East Hills, Main North & North Shore to Hornsby.
All signals are placed and named from DRKD diagrams as far as possible. Several Interlocking Towers are now installed (Sefton junctions, Lidcombe Strathfield, Sydenham, and Central) to control traffic routes via the various lines.
Portals at the various end points generate traffic at intervals close to the real timetables so I can have many consists running on the network. Still limited scenery apart from near the track and stations in places, I just add scenery when I feel like a break from setting up and testing the schedules and their operation.
It seems to work well so far and hasn't broken my PC yet.

I'm locking the route at about 2010 and have no plans to include any of the new Metro lines. (yet !)

PG

Sounds AWESOME!!!

You know I'm looking forward to seeing this route ;) I wonder if it would be possible to merge to grazlash's Illawarra South Coast route?

I'm locking the route at about 2010 and have no plans to include any of the new Metro lines. (yet !)
I was going to say, what about the new metro lines, tram lines, and the eventual new airport.

Phil, I have looked at the Illawarra route and there is a large gap between the two routes between Sutherland and Bombaderry. I thing there is a TRS2020 based Illawarra route which may merge but haven't looked at that.

As for the new Metro lines, there is little information readily available at the moment which could serve as acceptable input to creating a route, Curve & Gradient diagrams etc. Also Google Earth isn't up to scratch yet to show the route corridor.
PG

Phil, I have looked at the Illawarra route and there is a large gap between the two routes between Sutherland and Bombaderry. I thing there is a TRS2020 based Illawarra route which may merge but haven't looked at that.

As for the new Metro lines, there is little information readily available at the moment which could serve as acceptable input to creating a route, Curve & Gradient diagrams etc. Also Google Earth isn't up to scratch yet to show the route corridor.
PG
Hmm interesting! The Illawarra route by grazlash has Jannali to Cronulla, Moss Vale and Bombaderry covered, KUID is <kuid:664758:102019>. Yes, there is another Illawarra route by Tracksupervisor <kuid2:429700:100115:1> NSW Illawarra & Southern Highlands Version 6.0 TS12 is the current released version. I did have the route downloaded but uninstalled it as it doesn't have the Southern highlands line.. Yet!.. In due time it will for sure ;)

Mate, whatever era you decide is entirely up to you! I'll soon enough convert it back to 2007'ish ;) But I really like the Epping to Chatswood rail link. Watching that getting built over the years was interesting! I could send you the 2012 DRKD 'Driver Route Knowledge Diagrams' if you need them, it has a gradient profile of the Epping - Chatswood rail link

Back