New York's Penn Station is getting a face-lift... And a new name...

I think "Empire State Station Complex" would be appropriate, given New York's nickname is The Empire State.

(PRR Glory days rant)
Lets remember the Railroad Company that built the station in the first place folks - The Pennsylvania Railroad. That being said, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Baltimore all got the name Penn Station. I think its cute that they want to move into the Farley building and then let the "Bleeding Hearts" construct this "Empire Station complex". If you want my opinion the only reason why they should change things is if they were to rebuild what was razed 50 years ago. New York deserves a Gem, not a glass building to let light in. If the bombed cathedrals of Europe could be rebuilt after WWII then Pennsylvania Station can indeed be rebuilt.

(Rant #2)
If they truly want to do NYC good, they'll leave the building alone and build 4 more tunnels under each river and replace those darn movable bridges!! So many problems plague the last 10 miles into NYP its not even funny!
Gerald, please don't take this as an attack towards you, I mean no harm - Just expressing a very heartfelt opinion on an important issue to me.

Back