Site problems

The server for this website isn't in Australia, it's in Houston, Texas. With all the tornadoes and flooding in Texas the last few days I'm surprised it's been on at all.

Hi Everyone,

The issues appear to have been caused by a DDOS attack on some routing equipment at our data-host. They seem to have fixed the issue now and hopefully we don't get a recurrence.

It wasn't directed at use directly we just happened to get caught up in it all unfortunately.

we apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi Everyone,

The issues appear to have been caused by a DDOS attack on some routing equipment at our data-host. They seem to have fixed the issue now and hopefully we don't get a recurrence.

It wasn't directed at use directly we just happened to get caught up in it all unfortunately.

No need to apologize for something that's not your fault. :)

We figured it was all the EF3 and EF4 tornados that hit something down there. We're getting the other side of that storm today with rain, sleet, and freezing rain.

Happy New Year!

John

Hi Everyone,

It's not your fault so no need to apologise. At least it's back up and running now.

Shane

there was a site something like IPViking or similar, that shows all the DDOS attacks, from and to, and types. I remember seeing a lot of stuff happening after recent activity in the middle east.

there was a site something like IPViking or similar, that shows all the DDOS attacks, from and to, and types. I remember seeing a lot of stuff happening after recent activity in the middle east.

I've just had a look and you have the correct name there. It's interesting to watch the various lines going across as attacks are made.

Shane

That is an interesting site. I get attacked on various installations from time to time, so will watch out for that one.

Back