Blender Track Creation

iliketrians

I need help making my own track in Blender for Trainz, I need 2'3 track for Talyllyn trains, but the regular one isn't fitting in with my route. Any help is appreciated.

iliketrains, Before anything else, have you previously made in objects in Blender? If not, I would strongly recommend that you take one (or both) of two online courses, one at the high school level, by James Chronister, the other slightly directed to a slightly more advance audience, under the auspices of Tufts University, by Neil Hirsig. Either of these two courses will give you command of Blender so that you can make the mesh files you need to build the track, and just about every other kind of asset. But track is, in my opinion, one of the more detailed assets to make for Trainz, and without good command of your tool (and you'll probably need facility with a good image editor, too. I strongly recommend GIMP, because of the cost benefit ratio—it's free to download—but other packages, like various flavors of Photoshop and Paint.net will work too.)

ns

iliketrains, Before anything else, have you previously made in objects in Blender? If not, I would strongly recommend that you take one (or both) of two online courses, one at the high school level, by James Chronister, the other slightly directed to a slightly more advance audience, under the auspices of Tufts University, by Neil Hirsig. Either of these two courses will give you command of Blender so that you can make the mesh files you need to build the track, and just about every other kind of asset. But track is, in my opinion, one of the more detailed assets to make for Trainz, and without good command of your tool (and you'll probably need facility with a good image editor, too. I strongly recommend GIMP, because of the cost benefit ratio—it's free to download—but other packages, like various flavors of Photoshop and Paint.net will work too.)

By the way, in the future, you might want to ask questions about content creation help in the content creations subforum.

ns

Back