What Other Games/Sims do you Play Besides Trainz?

Wow, Than you everyone, I certainly have a lot to research.

Another game I used to play years ago was Red Baron, but I haven't seen any updated version of it for a long time.

Regards,

Check GOG.com, they might have an updated version of Red Baron that runs in modern versions of Windows.

Wow, Than you everyone, I certainly have a lot to research.

Another game I used to play years ago was Red Baron, but I haven't seen any updated version of it for a long time.

Regards,

My bro used to play Red Baron. Iggy Flywheel was his login name back then.

John

Last edited:
These days when content creating gets me down, I procrastinate by playing those adventure-type games from the big software houses like UbiSoft and Bethesda. Ones I particularly like are Skyrim, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4 and from the Assassin's Creed series, Black Flag and Rogue. I'm just awestruck by how well they run and how detailed and beautiful the worlds are, especially when compared to Trainz!

Usually I play trainz but sometimes I play Sims 4, SimCity, Need For Speed: HP2,Need For Speed Most Wanted(2012), Need For Speed Undercover, Bridge Project,Need For Speed Rivals, Need For Speed The Run,Need For Speed Hot Pursuit(2010), GTA 5, Hotel Giant, Hotel Giant 2

For the OP and those that have mentioned Railroad Tycoon I recommend having a look at Train Fever, I've spent waaayy to much time into the night trying to run my transit system to the max efficiency. It's pretty great and lots of mods and stuff, just remember 64 bit only.

Other than that:
Euro Truck Simulator
City Skylines
Tropico 5
GTA
Gran Tourismo and such
Half Life
want to get into Railworks (Train sim) but will need to upgrade my pc first I think.

If not creating for Trainz and just to recharge my batteries I play off and on Skyrim, Dragon Age Origin, FlightSim X, Discovery of the New World, a Russian remake with better graphics and space ships of the old classic DOS game which plays in Windows 7 called Frontiers: First Encounters, FarCry series of games, Dungeon Siege, Legend of GrimRock 1+2, Chessmaster 10, even Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights 1+2, Baldurs Gate 1+2, Doom 3, Torchlight, Black Mesa, a Half Life spinoff with upgraded graphics, even the old Wolfenstein and its newer versions like Return to Wolfenstein Castle etc. plus some other little older games I bought through GoG which play on Windows 7.

I still wonder how some of the 3-5 year older games get such good graphics into their games like naturally flowing rivers and cascading waterfalls, realistic fire and smoke, reflections, myriads of animations on screen at the same time without bringing these games to their knees (in WinXP with only 2 GB memory RAM maximum to deal with all the above), shadows everywhere etc., yet Trainz was always and still is fighting a somewhat losing battle with such features.

Go figure.

VinnyBarb

When bored or frustrated with Trainz
Doom..... all of them from 1 upwards.
Quake all of them
Half-Life all of them
Unreal 1 and 2
Halo
XWing....... yes I know it's ancient but I used to design levels for it so its a nostalgia thing
Duke Nukem, platform version and 3d got tired of waiting for the last one.
I have a collection of all the Apogee stuff Commander Keen etc I play on a dos emulator in Linux....
Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the original version
Frozen Bubble - very addictive and requires no brain use.....

Skyrim, CiV5, and Railroad Tycoon 3 are the relaxing games I go to when I wish to get away from the intense experience of watching T:ANE do another database rebuild!

I play so many,so I'll list my favorites I'm Playing now. The Long Dark by Hinterland game studio,it's alpha now with full version coming at end of DEC. It's awesome. TS 2015-2016,Ark, ships extreme,flight of united. Doom 3D BFG edition, Wolfenstein:the new order, I stick with mostly Simulator as well as fps and some 3rd person shooter. Most all are single player. I'm using Steam for most as it is easier for me with my creeping handicap.lol
I had Flight sims and truck sims,but my laptop does not handle the joysticks and wheel to well.
Merry Christmas for all who celebrate.

Back