What Other Games/Sims do you Play Besides Trainz?

jkinzel

The North Bank Route
What other games/Sims do you play besides Trainz?

While this is a bit off topic, I didn't see any other place that it might fit.

I'm posing this question to the 40 year old + members as I'm a retired senior, but if you're younger, feel free to jump in. I'm not interested in games such as GTA, sports and racing, I prefer games that are turned based or sims. Don't want to have to think too fast.

I have searched sites like http://www.gamewatcher.com/ but I'm sure there are many games I have missed. And, is there a updated/current version of Railroad Tycoon?

The last game I played was "ROME" and I believe it is a good thing I was not an Emperor or the Roman Empire might have had a much shorter reign.

Thank you.

Regards,

Farm Simulator is a very fun, but slow-paced and relaxing simulator. It's a very detailed farming experience, but you'll have to be playing quite a bit, as it can be quite slow getting money.
SimCity is another fun strategy/simulation game. However, you can do bad, and get thrown out of office pretty quick if you do too much wrong.
Minecraft is a very fun open-world game. There is nothing you cannot do in Minecraft.
Walking dead game is quite fun as well, however, it comes in seasons like a real TV-show, but sometimes can get quite sad, or occasionally gory. It is a story like game, only you make the decisions of your character, and that effects much of the outcome you have, whether you'll be alone or have a group with you and etc....
Universe Sandbox is fun too, where else can you create intergalactic collisions? Or run the earth into the sun... Or create an earth without a moon..... Soooooo many simulations to run through.
If you're into house-building, interior designing, and simulating an average human life, then EA's the Sims is must. While I don't play it that often, it is sometimes relaxing to build a house, furnish it, and then make a sim, live in the house, and then kill him just because you can.
While not a simulator, Robocraft is fun becuase you can build your own robots, go out and battle with other people with them. Then you get to see your bot's flaws, and fix them, and try again, until you become unstoppable (If that can happen, I haven't accomplished that yet)
Tropico is a fun simulator/strategy/citybuilder game as well, with actually a different plot than SimCity. In Tropico You're the supreme ruler of an Island nation only big enough to have one main city, and you make the decisions of whose side you're going to be on, with some other fun features here and there. (Like being able to buy out competitors, kill the democracy so there is no more voting, alter the election results to say you won)

That's what I can think off the top of my head that I've played that fits something you might like.

Mainly Games like Call Of Duty, Medal Of Honer, and games like Battlestations Pacific, and on my old PC I used to play games like Railroad Tycoon 3 and Combat Flight Simulator 3.

Beside trainz that i call Number one Simulator for the reason that you can find easily too much content to make almost anything you want Silent Hunter 4 Wolfs of the Pacific is a submarine Simulator that gave me unigue and great moments of agony and good hunting.

The Sims and Cities Skylines are my other building simulator type games with Cities Skylines being in second place on my computer outside of T:ANE. When I've become Trainzed out, I build cities in CSL. I currently have 3 good sized cities going now complete with all kinds of transit systems running. There is no official trams add-on yet, but one of the content creators made some Bombardier Flexcity trams and some tram stops. The user needs to delete the additional trains which will run on this same route using the traffic manager mod, otherwise there will be intercity-type trains running along with the trams.

When I'm not building worlds and cities, I'll take a break from that and play Arma3 with my bro online. This is totally the opposite and a war simulator which can get pretty hectic with rather "smart" AI that like to hunt down and gang up on the humans, or steal our trucks, tanks and even helicopters.

I play Rimworld. https://ludeon.com/blog/ It is a colony base-building simulator, where you pick 3 colonists based on abilities, and they crash-land on a mostly-uninhabited planet. (There are usually 1-2 small towns, 1-2 friendly tribes, 1-2 unfriendly tribes, and 1-3 pirate groups, which can attack or visit you.) You need to fight off attackers, build rooms, mine ore, build defenses, research new technologies that you can build, and eventually build a ship to escape. However, your colony will usually die off before that. While the ship is how to "win", the best part of the game are the stories that result from it. For example: The best soldier is attacked by an insane squirrel and dies of blood loss, or everyone in the base is killed in a raid except for one person, and that person is incapable of firefighting, so they go about their tasks as flames consume the base. Or they just have a mental breakdown from the stress of battle and their ugly environment.

I have the old "Allied General" WWII game on my machine which I still play every so often as well as CIV IV. I played Sim City 3000 for a long time, never liked Sim City 4. I've been meaning to give Cities Skylines a try but haven't gotten around to it. I played World of Tanks for awhile but stopped. I want to play games to relax and have fun, not grind out and worry about stats or listen to juveniles scream and whine in game or on the forum. I am not interested in shooters or fighting games, preferring strategy games. I've been browsing at http://www.slitherine.com/lately and see a few I might try as well as some on Simulator Central.

I only have one other sim, it keeps me at my computer for hours ...................
'Silent Hunter 4' with the 'Uboat Missions addon'. You can mod the sim to suit any taste or skill level.

I play a bunch of other games... I've become addicted (as I did the years ago when I first got it) to Motorstorm (Pacific Rift, Apocalypse, & Monument Valley. Yes, all of them.), which is an excellent off-road racing game series for the PS3. I also play a bit of TF2, fast-paced FPS game which can be pretty fun with friends. Similarly, I play a not-well-known game of Red Crucible: Firestorm - another shooter, but it's a bit more realistic and has vehicles and real weapons and what have you.
I do OpenTTD a lot - great little game based around making money from trains, planes, trucks... etc. I tend to play some Advance Wars games on my emulator - AW is just a turn-based strategy game with units to defeat opponents. Quite fun, really.
Some Minecraft as well, typically just the modded stuff though - and at that, usually with some train mods, 'cause why not? Once and a while I play SimCity 5 / 2013, although Cities Skylines tends to take my interest a lot more than SimCity, despite the fact this thing can't run that game at a decent fps on a good day...
Some other stuff I play but not often (for whatever reason) would be Gmod (TTT), Don't Starve (+ Don't Starve Together), L4D2, Portal 2, and very occasionally, Defcon.
It's no wonder I never get anything in trainz done :p

Cheers,
SM

Sims, Flight, and Midtown Madness. All great games. I also play Zelda games (that should be obvious!), Mario games, and other such games. I also have Minecraft, and I don't play it as much as I used to because Trainz has kinda taken over my Minecraft play time, it's not like I'm missing out on too much.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2) by ECS Software is my other favorite (besides Trainz). It's a must-have Sim if you enjoy game simulators. I spend a lot of time driving my trucks all over Europe, Russia, and North Africa. My favorite MOD in this sim is the stand alone "Hungary Map" by Frank007. It is a very realistic map mod that I play more than the others. The long-anticipated and soon to be released American Truck Simulator is the sequel to ETS2 and from the videos I've seen it'll be a blast!

Other than Trainz, ETS2, and creating content, I play Far Cry 3 quite often.

Cheers,

Dave

Homeworld, the original, and Remastered, the new version with much improved graphics, Company of Heroes, the original, and 2, the new. You can pick the original versions up for just a couple of bucks, try them. Then there is also FSX......

FSX here. I occasionally play Simcity, from the first to the fourth. Not a whole lot of games besides 80's arcade games in MAME, and occasionally Intellivision or Apple ][ stuff.

SD Capsule Gundam online, GTA 5 with mods for drifting in traffic, Train Simulator, World of Tanks, war planes, war ships, need for speed, midnight club, sonic heros, command and conquer, and many more including trying to get my hands on star citizen.

Trainz takes a lot of my pc time :) Also play Fallout 4 and just finished Witcher 3. Dabble in Pharoah, Cities Skyline, Thief 2 and Half-Life deathmatch.

I don't have any other simulator game besides Tane and all the rest of the Trainz series. Beside first person shooters I like to play Hidden object games from Big Fish Games. I call them doodle games for when I get bored and they are relatively inexpensive. I own over sixty games from my Steam account and my favorite puzzle games from them is Portal and Portal 2. I don't get into multiplayer games as my thinking processes are not as quick as the youngsters who play them the most. I spent last summer babysitting my youngest daughters boys so she wouldn't have to pay out the expense of finding a competent sitter. The boys are 7 and 8, and both could run circles around me. I wouldn't stand a chance. They played Minecraft a lot while I was there so I got to see what the game was about. It is almost as versatile as Trainz except it looks more like Lego in how you build things. Well that my input.

Jack

I play FSX and FS2002. I have a couple thousand hours in both. :)
I think I've played it more than Trainz! Probably because I've had FSX for quite a bit longer. :hehe:

Back