Faulty assets

bconvers9622

Hello everyone, Happy thanksgiving!

I have been downloading some DRGW narrow gauge from steam machine and have found that all of the engine specs and deps. are faulty.

k27:
<kuid2:43955:51008:1> "The tag 'ePbrakes' is not permitted within the container of type__ 'steam engine'

<kuid2:43955:50035:1> "The tag '//animdist' is not permitted within container type__'bogey'

Any way to repair these? I'm assuming the model won't show up if these things can't work.

Cheers :)

These can be edited using Content Manager. Open the asset for editing, and edit the config.txt file. Once done submit/commit the assets again.

k27:
< kuid2:43955:51008:1> "The tag 'ePbrakes' is not permitted within the container of type__ 'steam engine'

Delete the tag ePbrakes. This is not valid.

< kuid2:43955:50035:1> "The tag '//animdist' is not permitted within container type__'bogey'

Delete the //animdist. In fact anything with "//" before it will not work.

John

These can be edited using Content Manager. Open the asset for editing, and edit the config.txt file. Once done submit/commit the assets again.

k27:
< kuid2:43955:51008:1> "The tag 'ePbrakes' is not permitted within the container of type__ 'steam engine'

Delete the tag ePbrakes. This is not valid.

< kuid2:43955:50035:1> "The tag '//animdist' is not permitted within container type__'bogey'

Delete the //animdist. In fact anything with "//" before it will not work.

John

Thanks! The k27 works. What should be done with missing textures? I have a k28 with water glass textures that are missing for the cab dependency, and it will keep it from working. Also, on a k36, I get errors from the get go saying that the CDP files can't be opened for reading.

Thanks! The k27 works. What should be done with missing textures? I have a k28 with water glass textures that are missing for the cab dependency, and it will keep it from working. Also, on a k36, I get errors from the get go saying that the CDP files can't be opened for reading.

This is great news! :)

If this is the bdneal asset, delete the waterglass.texture.txt. It's useless and never had a texture (tga) associated with it. You'll never notice the difference, or at least I never did. If you want, move the waterglass.texture.txt out of the folder. Submit the asset and see if the error goes away. If it does, the asset is fixed technically. You can then have a look in Trainz and see how it works. If not, you can make your own using another water-texture or copying one from another asset. I know this is probably going above and beyond what you want, but it doesn't hurt.

Regarding the cdp error. This sounds like the file is corrupted. Is this an old archive you have on your machine, or is it one you just downloaded. If it is local, try downloading a new one again.

John

Last edited:
Regarding the cdp error. This sounds like the file is corrupted. Is this an old archive you have on your machine, or is it one you just downloaded. If it is local, try downloading a new one again.

John[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this answers the question, but the model is from 2006 and I'm using trainz mac 2010.

John

I don't know if this answers the question, but the model is from 2006 and I'm using trainz mac 2010.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that if the other models were imported okay because they are all from about the same period. The file is probably just corrupted. Bdneal has a link to this asset on his website so you may want to download the cdp again.

I don't know if this answers the question, but the model is from 2006 and I'm using trainz mac 2010.

I doubt that if the other models were imported okay because they are all from about the same period. The file is probably just corrupted. Bdneal has a link to this asset on his website so you may want to download the cdp again.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what to do about the water glass texture problem. I deleted the waterglass.im textures from the hitbox, but I still get eight errors saying "Texture 'waterglass.texture is missing or could not be loaded for tag/mesh__'hitbox.im'"

I also now have an error saying that I no longer have any water glass animation.

I doubt that if the other models were imported okay because they are all from about the same period. The file is probably just corrupted. Bdneal has a link to this asset on his website so you may want to download the cdp again.

I'm not sure what to do about the water glass texture problem. I deleted the waterglass.im textures from the hitbox, but I still get eight errors saying "Texture 'waterglass.texture is missing or could not be loaded for tag/mesh__'hitbox.im'"

I also now have an error saying that I no longer have any water glass animation.

Cheers :)[/QUOTE]

There was no need to delete the waterglass.im. Deleting an .im file, can cause other things to break because they're linked together.

You should have deleted the waterglass.texture.txt instead. The alternative is you can copy waterglass.tga from a working engine. You have working Ks, don't you? That could be the source of your files you can use to fix the broken ones.

I do this all the time for things such as this. If I recall, this was one of the fixes for these locomotives.

John

I could try copying the asset over, but I don't think the k27 has the same cab dependency. (I've looked. the k28's and k36's share the same cab dep.) I looked through the k28, and the waterglass.txt is actually missing so I can't delete it.

I'm also afraid that the k27 has many unknown deps. that I need to find, so I have no working K's at the moment.

Last edited:
Make a waterglass.texture.txt and a waterglass.tga.

I've done this as well by copying another texture.txt file and putting in my own file information in there. A waterglass.tga could be a slightly blue-colored tile which will then be fit to a mesh.

As far as the other dependencies go, check that you have downloaded them all from Ben's website. He's pretty good about those dependencies and he also provides links to the DLS for those other things that are up there.

John

I can't use the DLS because of FCT problems. (The KUID's are also not there). Could you get me the link to his website? I'm not too good with making my own textures, as I am on a mac and can't run the content creation studio. Can I just copy…say….a brass texture and name it differently?

cheers :)

I can't use the DLS because of FCT problems. (The KUID's are also not there). Could you get me the link to his website? I'm not too good with making my own textures, as I am on a mac and can't run the content creation studio. Can I just copy…say….a brass texture and name it differently?

cheers :)

You can do that with textures. I do that all the time. I needed a grey-something texture that was missing so I found a grey texture and used that - all I did was rename my copy to match the others. The only time this matters is when it's pretty obvious. I needed a gold texture once and used a brass instead - it worked perfect and no one would know the difference.

http://steammachine.com/bdaneal/

This link here should get you the missing parts other than those that are on the DLS.

For texture editing and whatnot, you can always use whatever is available for the MAC such as GIMP if it is, or other programs similar to that.

John

I'm still not able to get rid of the faulty warning. I tried renaming a brass handle texture the missing 'waterglass.texture' and it still has the same error. Remember, it's on a mac, so editing in textedit, then saving to the desktop, and then dragging it into the finder (off of the CM) is what I'm doing.

I'm still not able to get rid of the faulty warning. I tried renaming a brass handle texture the missing 'waterglass.texture' and it still has the same error. Remember, it's on a mac, so editing in textedit, then saving to the desktop, and then dragging it into the finder (off of the CM) is what I'm doing.

What exactly is the error you are getting now?

Warnings are just that and don't matter for us. They are used to tell the content creator that something needs updating, but for the most part the asset works fine for us in game.

When replacing missing textures, ensure that the names are exactly the same. Textedit or any kind of text editor including Vi will work. You just have to ensure the file is put back into the asset folder you opened for edit before committing.

John

Yeah I thought that would be the issue. sorry :). Unfortunately, I can't attach a jpeg. So, maybe I can explain the error. The k36 and k28 cabs both have the same error which is:

"Texture waterglass.texture is missing or couldn't be loaded for tag_hitbox"

I have that seven times for both cabs.

So, I have tried to rename another texture exactly as specified by the error, but when I drag it into the finder, it goes into the wrong spot and the error stays the same.

Yeah I thought that would be the issue. sorry :). Unfortunately, I can't attach a jpeg. So, maybe I can explain the error. The k36 and k28 cabs both have the same error which is:

"Texture waterglass.texture is missing or couldn't be loaded for tag_hitbox"

I have that seven times for both cabs.

So, I have tried to rename another texture exactly as specified by the error, but when I drag it into the finder, it goes into the wrong spot and the error stays the same.

When you open the one of these assets for edit and open the folder up, there will be a waterglass.texture.txt. Delete this file, or create a waterglass.tga texture and drag it into this folder. Open up the waterglass.texture.txt to get the exact filename.

Once all the pieces are there, you should then have no problem once you submit (commit) the asset. This is the exact error I had oh, so many years ago when I fixed the same locomotives.

John

Back