Removing the Tooltip for Recording

AppleDash22

Autistic Railfan
I've recently started to record footage for a "Trackside Review" but this little issue with the tooltip popping up when hovering over the locomotive or car that I am looking at is really annoying.

b98d0a117461474074afd04aa7d89b5f.jpg

Is there any way to remove this annoying little tooltip? Any help would be appreciated.

It can't be eliminated completely, but the mouse can be moved to a location where it won't come into contact with any rolling stock.

EDIT: I just checked my game and I cannot get that tooltip to show up at all, so it must be removable. I do have '-allownoctrlrightclick' in my trainzoptions.txt file; this will work in TS12 and earlier. It must disable the need to press 'Ctrl' and the tooltip message.

Kieran.

Last edited:
It can't be eliminated completely, but the mouse can be moved to a location where it won't come into contact with any rolling stock.

EDIT: I just checked my game and I cannot get that tooltip to show up at all, so it must be removable. I do have '-allownoctrlrightclick' in my trainzoptions.txt file; this will work in TS12 and earlier. It must disable the need to press 'Ctrl' and the tooltip message.

Kieran.

Were is the file that you are referencing? I have the Steam version of Trainz 12 and rarely go into the game folder. As a result I have no idea where anything is.

Were is the file that you are referencing? I have the Steam version of Trainz 12 and rarely go into the game folder. As a result I have no idea where anything is.

It's not in there as of service pack 1 - it has to be created.

Go to (Trainz 12 location)/UserData and make a file called trainzoptions.txt

Inside, type:

-allownoctrlrightclick

Then save and start Trainz. :)

Kieran.

Back