Unmerge routes

billhughes

HI. I merged a couple of routes successfully then deleted the individuals from the routes list to tidy up the list (bad mistake!). However I now find that I could do with getting one route back. Is it at all possible to 'unmerge' the merged route to recover the originals.

No.

But what you can do is make a few copies of the current route, give them the name of the originals, and in each copy delete all the baseboards you do not want / were not part of that route.

No.

But what you can do is make a few copies of the current route, give them the name of the originals, and in each copy delete all the baseboards you do not want / were not part of that route.

That is a simple solution that never occured to me. Thanks for the advice. (Blame it on my age lol)

The other thing is to check the backups folder. These are kept in the User Data/backups, and are dated dd-mm-yyyy. These folders are kept for 7-days and will be eventually deleted so if you did this recently, there's a good chance these routes are still there. Simply pick the date where you think you have those routes and look through the folders. Some will have the proper names, others will have edit-followed by hex-numbers. Look carefully, and hopefully the folders are there.

When you find what you are looking for, start up Content Manager, and either drag and drop the edit-hex, or the route-name-folder right into CM. This will restore the route right back before it was deleted.

Now how would I know about something like this...:eek:

Thanks for all the help guys. Both solutions work perfectly. By the way I didn't even know there was a backup folder so that's even more useful knowledge.

Back