I've changed forum software for my forum...

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Moderators - if this is in the wrong place or could do with being reworded, can you make the required changes please.

Hi Trainzers,

As some of you know, I have my own forum. However, due to a mixture of spam issues and a migration issue from my old forum, I'm starting afresh with a new forum system.

I'd like to know what others think of the look of the interface at the moment, although as I'm still adding forum sections in I have temporarily disabled registrations. Once that is done though I will be able to re-activate the registration option. I can create new users on the backend system though so if anyone wants to help me test the registered user side send me a PM (I have done some testing already though).

For those with content on my older forums, I am looking into a way of exporting that content so it can be re-added in. Contact me if you would like assistance on that front, as both of my older forum systems are still active at the moment. It looks like I will be able to export attachments quite easily though.

The new forum address is at http://newforum.trainztutorials.com. Once the forum is fully ready I will be updating the address in my signature as well as on my tutorials thread and tutorial sites.

Any comments at this stage are appreciated although bear in mind that it's a work in progress. Also, any questions regarding the new forum system are also appreciated and I will do my best to answer them.

I am looking to add extra features to the forum as and when I am able to using the plugins system.

Shane

Registration should now be possible as the forum sections are ready. I will be able to add the item you mentioned momentarily.

Thankyou for your comments though.

Shane

P.S. Those who may want to assist me in moderating the forum - let me know.

Last edited:
I am aware of at least one user who has contacted me regarding inability to register, which I've hopefully now sorted. If anyone else has a problem on the registering side, let me know ASAP so I can check the error logs.

Shane

Back