Ditchlight Questions

My first question is about ditchlight operation. As far as I can tell, they're activated by the horn and automatically turn off? Are they operated in any other fashion?

My second question is, can ditchlights be added to payware locomotives that don't already have them, such as the SD70's and the Dash 9's?

Thanks.

1. They can be toggled with the semicolon key.

2. I​think you would need extra corona textures over the ditchlights to make them work. Basically, it'd require a fair amount of editing.

Regards,

1. They can be toggled with the semicolon key.

Not with Jointed Rail content.

2. I​think you would need extra corona textures over the ditchlights to make them work. Basically, it'd require a fair amount of editing.

Regards,

The thing is, some of the Jointed Rail locomotives have ditchlights that flash, and some don't. The strange thing is that the locomotives without flashing ditchlights, such as the SD70's, have the same ditchlight set-up in the config file as the locomotives with flashing ditchlights. So I'm trying to figure out what makes the ditchlights flash for one locomotive and not another (as far as JR models are concerned).

there are 5 modes of operation with JR TFX ditchlights to cover pretty much any situation. Locomotives from JR come pre-configured to operate like their specific prototypes. The modes of operation are set with the "ditchlight" tag in the config extensions.

1 = on when moving and flash when horn is activated
2 = constant on when moving
3 = off at all times but flash when bell is activated
4 = constant on only when bell is activated
5 = on when moving and flash with bell or trainz ditchlight key

You must clarify your second question as the JR SD70s and Dash 9s do have ditchlights as they should unless you mean flashing or alternating ditchlights, in which case as stated above they are set to their prototype mode of operation.

Last edited:
there are 5 modes of operation with JR TFX ditchlights to cover pretty much any situation. Locomotives from JR come pre-configured to operate like their specific prototypes. The modes of operation are set with the "ditchlight" tag in the config extensions.

1 = on when moving and flash when horn is activated
2 = constant on when moving
3 = off at all times but flash when bell is activated
4 = constant on only when bell is activated
5 = on when moving and flash with bell or trainz ditchlight key

You must clarify your second question as the JR SD70s and Dash 9s do have ditchlights as they should unless you mean flashing or alternating ditchlights, in which case as stated above they are set to their prototype mode of operation.

This answers both of my questions. (Yes, I did mean flashing/alternating ditchlights. I should have made that more clear.) Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Back