Would a side view mirror script be possible?

owsleyiii

Hello to all Trainz experts, authors and master creators! :wave:

I have an idea I want to ask you all about:

Do you think it would be possible to make a script that would create/allow for a real side-view mirror?
At least something like a small but useable real side-view mirror?

Possibly such a small side-view mirror could be placed in the space beneath the Trainz HUD?

Perhaps such a script could -- ingeniously, somehow -- use a piece of the cab mode rear facing window view, but reduced in size and detail?

I can imagine there might be problems with having two different perspectives to juggle on screen, having two completely different perspectives being rendered at the same time.

Still the idea intrigues me and I thought I would ask!

This idea may not be possible in Trainz or even T:ANE but a side view mirror could be an excellent addition to cab mode experiences, especially in cabs for locomotives that do have side view mirrors in real life.

What do you think?
Would such a thing be possible in Trainz?

Thank you for taking the time to read, consider and reply as you are interested and able!

Ciao, Cheers and Best Regards
And as always, Happy Trainzing!
--Owen

Such work is way beyond my scope at present but I would be very happy to help in any and all ways that I can with such a project if it seems feasible.
I am not trying/aiming to prompt anyone to make/do/create something for me personally; I thought this idea warranted opening up to the greater Trainz community, given its potential potential. :)

Last edited:
Back