M.I. activation via AI

d55baron

Gentlemen:

I could really use some help here.

Here is the scenario:
I have a passenger station set up to use the “JR multi industry” asset. The passenger trains is AI controlled with driver command assets. The driver command sequence is for the train to navigate to the multi-industry station and pick up passengers, then travel on to next station down the line.

Here is the problem:
The train navigates to the multi-industry defined station and the engine stops on the M.i. asset. As soon as the engine stops, the next driver command is activated which is a “wait for 3 minutes”; presumably to give the M.I time to process. But the M.I. never gets activated.

What I would like to see happen is:
The train navigates to a trackmark at the far end of the station area thereby parking the passenger cars directly on top of the M.I. which would ideally activate it and process the passengers before the train is released to travel to next station. Can this be done.

Respectfully Requested
Bob Stribling
Baron.stribling@yahoo.com

A couple of things:

Firstly, don't post your email address unless you want spam.
Secondly, are you using the Load command?

Shane

ok no more address in posts.

Yes, the unload command is sandwiched inbetween the "navigate to M.I. command" and the "navigate to next station" command.

Hello Bob :wave:

Have you checked the JR multi industry settings for your passenger stations in Surveyor?

I am certainly no expert but have managed to set up a few of JRs multi industries successfully in Midwest Grain 3.0.

In Surveyor
1st) try checking the JR MI settings using the first tab in options and check your passenger station(s) to make sure that you have the correct passenger type for the rolling stock/passenger cars you are using and compare rolling stock commodity passenger type(s) with JR MI commodity passenger type(s) (i.e. 2010 passengers vs. passengers vs. passenger etc)
and then
2) check to make sure that the second tab in options for JR MI settings in Surveyor indicates that the correct/appropriate commodity type is set for both loading and unloading and not just loading or unloading; as I recall there are three settings here for a) loading and unloading, b) loading, and c) unloading

If I am correct, I believe you will need to use the first option because you want to be able to perform the unloading and loading of passengers at each station. Right?
Like setting up any industry in Surveyor, JR multi industries are very flexible but require precision setup in order to have commodities work successfully between rolling stock and the JR MI and vice versa. :)

Hopefully this makes sense and you can give it a try. I hope it helps!

Best Regards and Happy Trainzing
--Owen

Last edited:
After you give it the command to go to an industry it needs a the unload or load commands in this case both. So it should be "Navigate to "Industry"">Unload>Load>"Wait 3 minutes".

Back