Multiplayer for Mac

xmsman

Out of the Woods
Hey everybody, I know that a majority of the questions asked here are about content, faulty dependencies, etc., but my question regards multiplayer sessions. I currently run Trainz Simulator 2 for Mac OS, build 65333, and I am wondering if there are any active or popular multiplayer routes/sessions which will still be compatible (most of the time, I run American trains so region-wise I am searching for North America). I know that there are routes on the DLS for download, but I'm looking for more than one perspective from you guys. Also, as I am new to multiplayer, I am wondering what process I would go by following installation of the multiplayer route, how, if possible, I can add my own consists into the route for play, and how to avoid the "system is in the wrong state to start a multiplayer game" message. Looking around other forums, I also noted that some other individuals have complained about a Jointed Rail Settings v0.5 error, even though they have it installed, so I am wondering how to avoid that as well (the message goes: The session, the route, or some dependencies are not built-in and are not available on the DLS,). I know that this is a mouthful, but I am trying to be as detailed as I can:hehe:. As much as I like single player, I've got to try this multiplayer feature as well...so any help from the forums would benefit! Lastly, if this all goes down to a case where the 65333 build is not compatible, I would like to hear any suggestions regarding what I should do next (possibly run trains for PC or buy a new copy, if needed). Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Last edited:
Multiplayer just doesn't work on Mac.

Simple and quick reply, but really helpful. I do have a PC for spare use so I suppose I should just run Trainz as an administrator there. Do you know if any builds are not compatible, or do they all work (additionally, would you recommend TS12 or TANE given all the assets I've installed for TS2)?

Finally (not to ramble or anything), let's say I have this really nice intermodal and autorack consist made entirely out of Jointed Rail products/freeware; would I be able to place that in a multiplayer session to load into driver?

In terms of routes and sessions, I did some searching and found out that the UMR Summer seems to be legitimately active. I'll have to check that out for myself...

Last edited:
Back