Speedtree problems

bconvers9622

Hello all,
I have been experiencing some horrible graphics problems with routes that have speed tree installed. I would like to eliminate these trees and replace them with conventional trees, but that would be a painstaking job in surveyor. I heard that they can be deleted straight from the CM, however when I try that nothing happens. Keep in mind, I'm on a mac, and the CM in Trainz mac works a little differently. I dislike speed tree because the graphics lag is shocking. Any thoughts?

Cheers :)

You can download trees by clam1952. These are nice-look billboard trees, "conventional trees" as you call them. They begin with CL Tree. While you're at it, grab his bushes too as they go hand in hand with the trees.

Overall they perform quite nicely. :)

Now, I don't know if you have this in the Mac version, but in the PC version of Trainz its self, not CM by the way, is a replace assets function in Surveyor. You simply get the tree you have installed already, drag that from the list of scenery objects and put that into the asset to replace side of the utility. On the other side, you place the asset you want to replace it with after you've found it in the asset list. You then press replace and wait until the hourglass stops spinning, and all your trees of that type are replaced.

The utility is found under the Menu; the same one where you get to environment.

Hope this helps.

John

You can download trees by clam1952. These are nice-look billboard trees, "conventional trees" as you call them. They begin with CL Tree. While you're at it, grab his bushes too as they go hand in hand with the trees.

Overall they perform quite nicely. :)

Now, I don't know if you have this in the Mac version, but in the PC version of Trainz its self, not CM by the way, is a replace assets function in Surveyor. You simply get the tree you have installed already, drag that from the list of scenery objects and put that into the asset to replace side of the utility. On the other side, you place the asset you want to replace it with after you've found it in the asset list. You then press replace and wait until the hourglass stops spinning, and all your trees of that type are replaced.

The utility is found under the Menu; the same one where you get to environment.

Hope this helps.

John

I can replace assets, but I can't seem to select assets to replace.

I can replace assets, but I can't seem to select assets to replace.

Okay that's good at least you have the tool there.

Open up the scenery tab on the right. You'll see stuff in there such as houses, etc. Find a tree you want to replace. Click on it and it will appear in the top part. Drag that highlighted asset name into the replace assets side.

Repeat the same with the asset you want to replace it with.

When both are in there click the replace button and wait.

I hope I explained this right.

John

Back